Pendraken taking on Smoggycon 2013!

Started by Leon, 13 January 2013, 02:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

13 January 2013, 02:21:45 PM Last Edit: 24 February 2013, 06:14:01 PM by Leon

We are pleased to announce that from 2013 onwards, Pendraken Miniatures will be taking over the running of the Smoggycon show.  This show has been going since 2009, and has grown quickly into one of the best shows in the north-east.  Middlesbrough Gamers Club, and Stuart Johnston in particular, have put in a lot of hard work building the foundations, and we are proud to be able to take the show on for the future.  We are also very pleased that Middlesbrough Gamers will continue to be involved with the show, and have kindly agreed to run the Flea Market, and also provide valuable help with manpower on the day.

Our main aim for Smoggycon is to make it bigger and better, and to make sure that both the visitors and the traders have the best possible day.  We want to create not just a wargames show of traders, but a wider offering for the whole family, with quality display and participation games, interesting re-enactor groups, and modelling tables for the younger visitors.  We'll also be removing the entry fee for wives and children under 14.

A lot of the folk who came along to our Birthday Bash last year asked about us putting on another show, so hopefully this will kill two birds with one stone, allowing us to put on a full show, with some nice 10mm games knocking about!

We've got lots more idea's, some of which will be put in place for this year's show, but we'd also like to hear feedback from anyone who has visited the show previously.  Was there anything in particular which stuck in your mind, anything which you think needs changing, any general positives/negatives?  Let us know here, and we'll see what we can do!

:-bd
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Nosher

I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Steve J

As you guys don't have enough on your plates ;). Seriously good luck with the show!

nikharwood

Good stuff - wish you all the best with this one...just need to locate the passport & see if I can get up  ;) :D

Maenoferren

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Hertsblue

All this and figures too! Time to break out the magic wand, methinks....  ;)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Bernie

Good luck with this but it will certianly take a lot of valuable time organising it - hope you have enough hours in the day

Leon

Quote from: Bernie on 20 January 2013, 12:32:50 PM
Good luck with this but it will certianly take a lot of valuable time organising it - hope you have enough hours in the day

I'm sure it'll get a bit stressful the week before the show, but it'll be nice to have the last show of the year in our hometown.  We'll also be the only company in wargaming hosting our own full-size show as far as I know, so it's nice little feather in the cap as well.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

Just to update, I've been along today and got some measurements for all the halls, and the trader forms will be going out this weekend.  More details to come soon!

8)

Aart Brouwer

Win-win, methinks  8)

Cheers,
Aart
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

Hertsblue

Quote from: Leon on 22 February 2013, 07:31:58 PM
Just to update, I've been along today and got some measurements for all the halls, and the trader forms will be going out this weekend.  More details to come soon!

8)

All the halls? Is this the Olympic park you're hiring?  :o
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

Quote from: Hertsblue on 23 February 2013, 09:35:08 AM
All the halls? Is this the Olympic park you're hiring?  :o

There's three main rooms: the Sports hall, the smaller Theatre hall, and also a room for the Flea Market, so it is spread out a little.  There's also a 4th room we may be able to use as well, but I'm not sure what to use it for yet.

:-\

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Drying out the drunk women, after all it IS JORDIE land.  :d :d

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

Quote from: ianrs54 on 23 February 2013, 04:57:54 PM
Drying out the drunk women, after all it IS JORDIE land.  :d :d

Nope, we're North Yorkshire, just like you're in Cheshire...  ;) :P