What are the French doing?

Started by Vulpine, 12 January 2013, 06:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbarian

Social protection in Italy is a joke. Not like France. You do not want to live on the dole.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

sebigboss79

It obviously depends on WHERE you live.

Germany: You get maximum of 24 months of unemployment. After that base social security which is 382 EUROS PLUS housing and utilities. Now show me someone who has 382 â,¬ in pocket after paying housing and utilities!
Fair enough you are forced to take any acceptable job after 3 months on the dole. Which means you only GET offers after that time as companies know they can offer you to work for busticket and you have to take it. If you repeatedly fail to take a job the start cutting your money. Ultimately 248 â,¬ is the minimum they cannot cut further.

Every time they cut your money or even send you a letter you can go to the lawyer and appeal (government pays lawyer expenses for you) so after 10 years of living on the dole one of my gaming mates has finally reached the 248 â,¬ level. When he gets any call or letter from jobcentre he simple tells them to "F... off". Nothing they can do.

But the again imagine the hairdresser getting 800 â,¬ in hand that has to pay transportation, houising, utilities.... not to mention you are supposed to raise children AND save for your retirement! By now and after encountering people who want to pay me before tax and social security LESS than I got in hand in my last job I totally understand my gaming mate. Why would I get out of my bed for that? Not to mention your managers treating you like a piece of crap, blame you for their mistakes...

But I believe it has to get worse before it gets better. Hence my enrollment in a Master course here in Edinburgh. After that I will be officially qualified for what I did the last 10 years.  ;D