You're just a pathetic
bunch of tin soldiers,
skulking around the
galaxy in an ancient
spaceship!

Luddite

Quote from: barbarian on 13 January 2013, 03:02:27 PM
"Our" uranium is in the north of Niger.
"We" have interests on the algerian gaz...

Do I need to say more ?

This makes sense.  France is run on nuclear power after all...moreso than many other nations, so i guess uranium is a vital resource.

What are the 'interests on the Algerian Gaz'?
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

barbarian

2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

Watched them on the news last night.

For a French army they are not very well equipped - not a white flag in site ;D.

BUT ......The News did say they were only assisting the Mali Army, so perhaps they don't need tham if they are not expecting to fight

I believe this is one of the rules of French warfare - When in doubt send an ally!!
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

barbarian

By the way you left Dunkerque in 1940, you shouldn't brag that much on French people.  >:(

(Just tired about hearing griefing about French surrendering, only coming from British and American people...)

FierceKitty

Quote from: barbarian on 16 January 2013, 10:24:00 AM
By the way you left Dunkerque in 1940, you shouldn't brag that much on French people.  >:(

(Just tired about hearing griefing about French surrendering, only coming from British and American people...)
Well said, that man! Funny how they always remember getting an empire, never that they couldn't keep it.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Hertsblue

Only after France collapsed.

Quote from: FierceKitty on 16 January 2013, 11:06:12 AM
Well said, that man! Funny how they always remember getting an empire, never that they couldn't keep it.

I don't recall France ever being part of our empire.  :-\
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Briefly during the reign of Henry V and Henry VI!  :D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Time out chaps ! :-t
This will just go round and around in circles. :)
Cheers - Phil.

sebigboss79

If I remember correctly said Empire surrendered to some rebel rabble and Elite French ground and Naval Formations in Lexington, USA.

Now what is more humilating.  :-\

I hope this thread can go btt. Sad it needs a GERMAN to tell you both suck armywise....  :P

FierceKitty

Blessed are the peacemakers. But bad news for wargamers.

barbarian

When you read Wikipedia in various languages, this is quite shocking how the same event is presented by different countries.
Battle of Dunkirk and Bataille of Dunkerque doesn't quite present the same reading of the battle.

I first noticed the differences on the articles about the Battle of Fornovo. (Italian wars)
French says : French victory. Italian version says : uncertain results.

FierceKitty

Like so many of those cases, it is only a matter of ill-defined words. Lexicographers of the world, unite and put the philosophers out of business!

Techno

Vroomfondle says....
Oh forget it ! :P

Orcs

Ouch !! :) :)

You are right Barbarian, an awful lot of the French army left with us and fought on bravely from the UK.  And unlike our American allies at least the French army was on time for the start and not two years late!!! AGAIN :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson