Pendraken Painting Competition 2013!

Started by Leon, 09 January 2013, 08:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

True.....

The entrants aren't exactly making it easy for us. ~X( ~X(
AND.... (With tongue wedged firmly in cheek)....I have to say the level of bribes this year has been pathetic.
I haven't received a single one.  :'( :'( :'( ....;D ;D
No.....Don't start !!

Cheers - Phil.

fred.

That's because Nik said you were incorruptible - so we have been sending all the bribes in his direction...
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

OldenBUA

Seems to have worked last time, Fred. It's still single malts, right?  :D
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Techno

Quote from: fred    12df on 20 February 2013, 05:18:24 PM
That's because Nik said you were incorruptible - so we have been sending all the bribes in his direction...

Should have guessed ! He's been talking behind my back has he ?  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Cheers - Phil

tschuma

I am on the other side of the pond, but drink in an Irish Pub, does that count if I buy a few for the judges and drink them here?

Tom

Techno

That could result in immediate disqualification for being a tease ! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D
Cheers - Phil.

Hertsblue

Have you noticed that 90% of all Irish pubs have nothing whatever to do with Ireland? I've found them as far apart as Prague and Dubai.  :d
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

nikharwood

Quote from: OldenBUA on 20 February 2013, 05:57:11 PM
Seems to have worked last time, Fred. It's still single malts, right?  :D

Too right - none of that blended rubbish  :d

petercooman

Got all my entries posted, and a big  :P to my crappy camera!

Leon

28 February 2013, 02:38:31 AM #144 Last Edit: 28 February 2013, 03:37:12 AM by Leon
158 entries so far, and a great standard throughout!  Only 1 day to go, so make sure you've got yours in before the deadline!

:-bd
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

hetairoi

My brushes burned!
Four entries (three of them painted in two weeks) in the first year I participate... I think it´s not all bad!  #:-S

Let's rest...

BTW, I feel a little sorry for the judges who will have to choose the winners from such masterpieces. Good luck guys!
http://hetairoiwargames.blogspot.com.es/

2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2013 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - People's Choice!
2016 Painting Competition - Winner!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

28 February 2013, 09:58:21 AM #146 Last Edit: 28 February 2013, 10:01:37 AM by mad lemmey
All my entries are now in, I have painting envy - wow hetairoi! Guys, serious kit out there, love the elephants!

Good luck to all the competitors, the standard is so high this year!

I said all mine were painted during February, to a deadline, and I was wondering what I got done, so quick head count:
1 tribble and three casualties,
1 division of 1870 French Guard (2 artillery pieces, 2 machine guns, 14 crew, 1 general, 82 infantry and a sabot)
4 1870 Generals,
10 Roman Infantry
4 Roman Light cavalry
10 Saxons
4 Roman Cavalry
9 Fantasy knights
1 Dragon rider.
24 goblins.

Man it's been a slow month!  :P ;D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

And that's all folks, we are now closed for entries!  Thanks to everyone who has entered this year, we hope you all enjoyed taking part as much as we've enjoyed watching these fantastic entries coming in!  The judges will now take a few days to go through all the entries and come back with their verdicts! 

The results will be announced on Wednesday 6th March at 6pm!

:-bd

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Jc

Some realy great entrys,all are winners with this standard of painting,though its been fun just watching the entries coming in,and the competition unfold.Good luck to everyone.

Enbaji

Good luck to all the competitors and specially to the judges.
Definitely I cannot envy their job as we have seen really great entries this years.
2011 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!