more pics - more profit?

Started by J.S., 09 January 2013, 03:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albie Bach

I've just remembered another quirk.
After you have uploaded (but not posted) the pictures, when you mouse-over the thumbnail a small unexplained square appears in the top right quadrant of the thumbnail. I managed to ignore this at first, but then couldn't resist any more and clicked on one. This deleted the image and now it won't let me upload again even if I change the name of the file I want to upload. There may be a way around this (like making a dummy posting), but the best thing is DON'T CLICK ON THE SMALL SQUARE.
Hope this helps.
Cheers, Colin
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (2018)

seano1815

I'll throw my hat into the ring, I have pictures on my blog, of the figures in my collection. I'm sure most members who have blogs, and collect various ranges of 10mm figures Leon is manufacturing will aslo have pics on thier blogs too. I'm to much of a pc homer simpson as Leon already knows the ammount of times he has helped me to upload photos on here but would be happy to link the various pics i have now, and the others i will be collecting ;D not ideal but a help...or like Phil said if every member uploaded a pic of thier own collection onto a page with what the code is or the range of figures they are from I bet we could cover most of it ;D.
just a thought
Have a great weekend everyone
all the best
Sean

Hertsblue

Quote from: Albie Bach on 11 January 2013, 09:54:48 PM
I've just remembered another quirk.
After you have uploaded (but not posted) the pictures, when you mouse-over the thumbnail a small unexplained square appears in the top right quadrant of the thumbnail. I managed to ignore this at first, but then couldn't resist any more and clicked on one. This deleted the image and now it won't let me upload again even if I change the name of the file I want to upload. There may be a way around this (like making a dummy posting), but the best thing is DON'T CLICK ON THE SMALL SQUARE.
Hope this helps.
Cheers, Colin

Yes, I did click on the small square, thinking it was the button to expand the picture.  :-[ That explains what happened.

Thanks, Albie.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

I've not used the Discus stuff yet, so I'll have to remember about clicking on those squares!

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Hertsblue

Yes, I think I've got it right this time. The software insists you put in a name and a website each time, before clicking on "post". And if you do inadvertantly delete the picture it won't let you put it on again. However, if you change the file-name it will take it once more.  :)

www.rulesdepot.net

capthugeca

I've plonked on a picture of my painted unicorns and giant owls and will and other photos if good enough.
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Leon

Thanks for all the pics folks, it really is much appreciated.  When I get a spare day, I'll have a look through them all and transfer the suitable ones up into the web images.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

ronan

hello
I posted a pic for the SCV7. But it's strangely "squared" on the web site. Must I delete it and post a square photo ?

fred.

The previews seem to be square, but when you open them they go to the right size.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

ronan

Ok, thank you !
So I think the web engine si resizing it to a square. May be I will post other pics in square, or in the "right" size (if I can find what it is..)

Leon : feel free to delete it, then I will repost.
( and I hope you're feeling better now, I've read your "spam" messages on the "man down" thread  ;D  )

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Tried adding some FPW war French, but cannot see the pictures yet. Here's hoping!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Nothing has appeared, any hints as to what I've done wrong gents?
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Swill

Quote from: capthugeca on 12 January 2013, 10:14:59 PM
I've plonked on a picture of my painted unicorns and giant owls and will and other photos if good enough.

Hey, thanks!  I was wondering what the owls looked like a couple days ago. 

Hertsblue

Quote from: mad lemmey on 14 January 2013, 08:54:30 AM
Nothing has appeared, any hints as to what I've done wrong gents?

Your comment on the Chasseurs a Cheval has registered, Lemmey, but the picture hasn't appeared. I found that, provided you went into the comments box, clicked on the picture icon, clicked on browse, clicked "open" when you'd found a suitable pic,  filled in a user name and valid e-mail address and clicked "post" all was well. The boxes for user name and e-mail address hide down right at the bottom of the form and are easy to miss.

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I logged in with gaceache and have got about three up now :D, but it doesn't like my Dragoons!  :(