more pics - more profit?

Started by J.S., 09 January 2013, 03:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

Ha, now it works!! It just came on later after i checked!

http://www.pendraken.co.uk/BR30a-p4164/

fred.

I've added 10 or so to British WWII. Its fairly quick, though the Disqs software sometimes gets a bit confused.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Rob

Hi Leon I hope you are fully recovered now.  :-&

You mentioned you were not sure of the value of photos commercially. From my own point of view I started my Pendraken Napoleonic’s purely on the strength of the “in the pipeline” pictures that preceded the 1809 range. I have also bought a lot of WGS tanks because I can see their high quality before I buy.

I think you are correct in wanting a standard image of each type as I have consistently been put off Minifigs because of their awful photos.

I would like to suggest a possible solution:

1. Utilise your loyal customers to help you
2. Pay your customers a token say 10 foot or 5 mounted figures of their choice for each photo you use (£1.34 retail cost to you?) and no payment for those you do not
3. As you are paying for the photo, specify clearly how you want the figure portrayed i.e. white background with the figure black-washed, cropped to your specification and size. Basically ready to go
4. Set up a post-box for the photos such as a dedicated email address where all the pics will arrive for your perusal and can be stored or extracted from

I am sure there would be quite a few takers for this deal and you will at least get greater coverage with little outlay.

Shall I get my coat?  :(

Cheers, Rob  :)

GordonY

What Fred and Peter have done is more than acceptable, I for one would much rather see a crappy picture/paintjob of a figure/model/code than none. So Fred & Peter show us some more, go on, you know you want to.

fred.

Thanks Gordon I'll aim to post some more crappy photos !  :-\  :'(

;)
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Albie Bach

Quote from: GordonY on 10 January 2013, 06:28:07 AM
What Fred and Peter have done is more than acceptable, I for one would much rather see a crappy picture/paintjob of a figure/model/code than none. So Fred & Peter show us some more, go on, you know you want to.
Quote from: fred  12df on 10 January 2013, 07:53:12 AM

;D ;D ;D
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (2018)

Techno

Quote from: fred  12df on 10 January 2013, 07:53:12 AM
;)

:o
=O =O =O =O.....Yes Fred.....More crappy photo's as soon as you can..... =O =O =O =O =O  ;)
Cheers - Phil.

Hertsblue

Seriously, though, I would have thought that they were ideal. OK, they don't match the existing pics of unpainted items, but they give the punter exactly what he needs - a good notion of what he would be getting.  :-bd
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

petercooman

I can't upload anymore though, as that was the only photo that was crappy  ;D

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I might have to do this later with some of the FPW range that Nik hasn't already got to (it's an arms race)!  :D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

nikharwood

Quote from: mad lemmey on 10 January 2013, 09:26:49 AM
I might have to do this later with some of the FPW range that Nik hasn't already got to (it's an arms race)!  :D

;D Fill yer boots ML, fill yer boots...I'm all lurgied up & don't have the energy for this at the moment...  ;)

nikharwood

10 January 2013, 10:10:24 AM #26 Last Edit: 10 January 2013, 03:50:52 PM by nikharwood
Quote from: Rob on 10 January 2013, 01:05:12 AM
I would like to suggest a possible solution:

1. Utilise your loyal customers to help you
2. Pay your customers a token say 10 foot or 5 mounted figures of their choice for each photo you use (£1.34 retail cost to you?) and no payment for those you do not
3. As you are paying for the photo, specify clearly how you want the figure portrayed i.e. white background with the figure black-washed, cropped to your specification and size. Basically ready to go
4. Set up a post-box for the photos such as a dedicated email address where all the pics will arrive for your perusal and can be stored or extracted from

I am sure there would be quite a few takers for this deal and you will at least get greater coverage with little outlay.

The problem I can see with this Rob is that your "little outlay" of £1.34 (which doesn't include postage costs of course) would, with 3000 codes needing pics, still cost Pendraken over £4k...that's a huge outlay, isn't it?!

sebigboss79

Quote from: Leon on 09 January 2013, 08:59:29 PM
If people add nice pics to those comment boxes on the website, I should be able to pull them out and use them in the images as well.   8)

Another idea would be to "reward" such nice people with an annual bag of random figures....also to induce starting yet another range of the excellent merchandise that is offered.

FierceKitty

We seem very eager to spend Leon's money for him, n'est ce pas?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Nick the Lemming

I'm much more in favour of just doing it to help out. That way it doesn't cost Leon anything, and let's face it, it's not going to cost us anything either is it? I've gotten amzing service from Leon, so I'd be happy to return the favour and send a few pics in.

My only problem is that I only have figures that already have pics with them. I guess that means I have to order some more. :)