Show: WMMS, Wolverhampton

Started by Leon, 09 January 2013, 12:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Leon

09 January 2013, 12:29:25 PM Last Edit: 09 January 2013, 12:31:22 PM by Leon
Our second outing of the year sees us heading into the Midlands for the WMMS show in Alumwell.  We'll need any pre-orders in for this one before Sun 3rd March please, and for more info check the Alumwell club website here: http://www.alumwellwargames.co.uk/

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Matt J

Never been to one of these shows before, as it is the nearest to me I may pop along and see what all the fuss is about
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Leon

Quote from: Matt of Munslow on 12 February 2013, 05:21:38 PM
Never been to one of these shows before, as it is the nearest to me I may pop along and see what all the fuss is about

8)

Excellent, we're the first stand inside the door, so feel free to come say hello!

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Chad

Matt

Watch out for the guy just inside the door with a large net!! ;)

Chad

GordonY

Quote from: Chad on 12 February 2013, 09:40:41 PM
Matt

Watch out for the guy just inside the door with a large net!! ;)

Chad

And lots of shiny things that will empty your wallet.

Matt J

I warned my wife I might spend some money, so she suggested she may come along and I an take her out to lunch as well...

I won't bring the kids though, your stand won't be Hugo proof  :D (niether is my house unfortunatley  :()
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Leon

Quote from: Matt of Munslow on 15 February 2013, 02:37:27 PM
I won't bring the kids though, your stand won't be Hugo proof  :D (niether is my house unfortunatley  :()

Bring him along if you like, free glider for the kids! 

8)

Leon

Just a reminder, pre-orders for this one need to be in by the 3rd March please!

8)

Sean Clark

I've never pre pre-ordered before....do I do it via the cart and pay before hand or email the order and pay on the day?

Sean
God's Own Scale podcast
https://godsownscale6mm.podbean.com/

Leon

Just pop us an email through with what you need, and we'll get it all sorted out for you.

8)

Sean Clark

Thanks Leon, I'll sort something out this evening.

Sean
God's Own Scale podcast

Leon

Just a reminder for everyone, we'll need any WMMS pre-orders in before Monday please.

Leon

3:15am, and nearly time to get in the van!  Hoping to see some of you lot at the show today as well!

8)

Sean Clark

Had a great time at the show yesterday. It seems most of Stoke Wargames Group were there and I spent most of the day chatting to members old and new.

Some nice games too, with lots of ACW and AWI for some reason. Two nice 10mm games with Kallistra doing a dark age thrash and Nathan, The Toxic Pixie doing a French Indo China game. Nathan used mainly Pendraken figures with French paratroopers, Viet Minh and jungle. Looked nice and simple and seeing as I have been oggling Pendrakens Vietnam range for a while now, this game was of great interest. Cold War Commander rules were used. Not sure how it finished but everyone seemed to be enjoying the game.

Also good to talk to Dave and Leon to keep the pressure on for news of new releases. Sounds like the ACW limbers aren't too far away. I picked up my first toys for my 'Big' project' and my 'Little' project. Unfortunately due to Mothers Day commitments last night and child care duties today I am yet to have a play with them. Maybe tonight whilst the soaps are on.

What a friendly company Pendraken are!

Sean
God's Own Scale podcast

Leon

Quote from: Windle Poons on 11 March 2013, 09:53:51 AM
What a friendly company Pendraken are!

Thanks for that Windle, nice to chat to you too, and glad you had a good day at the show. 

We managed to get home OK, with the snow kicking in as we got past Leeds!  Slow going for that last leg, so I had a snooze...!  ;D