Show: A Call to Muster

Started by Leon, 09 January 2013, 12:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Leon

A new one on the circuit this year, this show is being held in our hometown of Middlesbrough, so not too far to go!  We'll need any pre-orders in to us before Sun 17th March if possible please, and for more info check the Teesshows website: www.teesshows.co.uk/

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Jim Ando

Hi

My club is putting a game on at this show.

An Eastern front game set on the Leningrad front late summer 42.

All the figures we`ll be using will be Pendraken (of course) and the rules will be Blitzkrieg commander.

See you there

Jim (Section 8 games club)

Hertsblue

Just how many wargames shows does M'borough host, for crying out loud!  :o
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Nellkyn

I'll be there with the Durham Pals.

Leon

Quote from: Hertsblue on 11 March 2013, 09:37:09 AM
Just how many wargames shows does M'borough host, for crying out loud!  :o

For many years there were two in neighbouring Stockton.  Those then stopped when the guys stepped down (and the venue was destroyed!) and Smoggycon was born.  This year, the old Stockton lads have decided to put on a new one.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

Section 8 gamers put on a 10mm WWII game at this one, which I managed to get some pics of:

8)

Techno

Great stuff !!
Cheers - Phil.

Hertsblue

Nice looking game. I like the cultivated fields - breaks up the terrain nicely.  8)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Jim Ando

Hi

Leon thanks for the photo`s, they make the game look great.

They came out better than I thought they would with the dodgy lighting in the hall.

The germans lost by the way if anyone is interested.

Jim

Leon

Quote from: Jim Ando on 31 March 2013, 09:35:51 PM

They came out better than I thought they would with the dodgy lighting in the hall.

No worries, the game looked great already!  I had to play about with the colour levels slightly, as they were more yellow-y originally.

8)

Albie Bach

Quote from: Jim Ando on 31 March 2013, 09:35:51 PM

The germans lost by the way if anyone is interested.

Jim
Sorry, I missed this post. Yes, it looks like a great game and I've been trying to figure out what's going on.
There's fighting going on inside the city (Leningrad) and across the river the Russians are trying to repel a German attack coming towards the city. Have the Germans in the city made a flanking attack by crossing further along the river?
It all looks good but those burnt out buildings really caught my attention.
Cheers, Colin
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (2018)

Dave Fairlamb

Hi Folks, A quick battle rep for you!

We were running the game. The game is supposed to be the Sinyavino offensive, Leon took the pictures quite late on in the day. We set up the game so both sides used the long (6 foot) table edge, the Russians had 12 turns to capture 3 objectives (one on each 2x4 section- the large factory in the city, the round hill behind the trench line in the centre and the small farming collective near the wooded areas). the First 3 turns were dominated by Soviet Armour (they kept passing move orders!!!) and moved swiftly up to good firing psitions and began to pound the German Defences. The Germans swifitly countered the Soviet armour on the right flank by deploying a Panzer battalion. The panzer duel would last all game accounting for a good half of the soviet T34s. However in the Ctiy the soviet attack flatered and then stopped, poor command rolls and dug in Germans made the conscripts life hell and for the whole game the Russian infatry assault never moved out of the ruined housing areas. The heavily fortified trench line in the centre board took the brunt of the VK battalion and was overwhelmed buy turn 6 (PAK 38s proving unable to stop the heavy Russian tanks). The StuG company that had been deployed in the town tried to cross the bridge to aid the centre but were cut appart by the powerful KV tanks. By turns 5-7 the Soviet artillery had managed to shell/rocket their own tanks twice! ;D At the End of the game the Hill and the farming collective were both captured 2-1 Soviet Victory.

the Terrain used is from Pendraken, timecast and Fieldworks. Burnt out buildings are easy to do. Just paint em normaly then use Black Spray paint (citadel is what I use as it gives a good finish) to powder the burnt affect on and thats it!

Have fun Dave (section 8 games club)

Albie Bach

Thanks for that Dave. Good stuff  8)
Cheers, Colin
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (2018)

nikharwood

That's a lovely looking game  8)