Show: Vapnartak, York

Started by Leon, 09 January 2013, 11:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Leon

09 January 2013, 11:51:16 AM Last Edit: 09 January 2013, 12:03:59 PM by Leon
We're kicking the year off in style with the Vapnartak show down in York, on Sunday 3rd February.  This is one of the best shows on the circuit, and has everything you need to get your year off to the perfect start.  We'll need any pre-orders in to us before Sunday 27th please, and more details on the show can be found on the York club website: http://www.yorkwargames.org/Vapnartak.htm

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

All done and just about ready.  We actually drove down and set up this afternoon, so I thought I'd have a nice relaxing night before the show for a change!  Then I realised I needed to bag up 2500 dice and a rather large pile of bases!  Ah well, all good now, time for bed!

Hope to see someof you there!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

petercooman

Steve J

Thanks for the pics Uzero :). Some lovely looking games there but all in 28mm as far as I could see.

UZero

Quote from: Steve J on 03 February 2013, 07:04:17 PM
Thanks for the pics Uzero :). Some lovely looking games there but all in 28mm as far as I could see.

Hmmm  :-\ apart from the Borodino game I can't remeber seeing anything smaller than 15mm.

Albie Bach

Thanks UZero.
Some good looking games and I think there was a good list of traders too. The Siege of Newcastle game looks stunning.
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (2018)

Leon

Great day down at York overall, well organised, loads of people through, so thumbs up all round!

There's quite a few pics around online:-

Count Belisarius' blog report: http://blog.belisarius.org.uk/2013/02/vapnartak-york-2013.html and a picture gallery: blog.belisarius.org.uk/york-2013

One of the Border Reiver club members new blog: http://lockupyoursheep.blogspot.co.uk/

UZero's pics: http://duwburg.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/vapnartak-2013.html

8)

Next up is the WMMS show down in Alumwell, on March 10th.

petercooman

Count Belisarius

Quote from: petercooman on 05 February 2013, 05:17:31 PM
Why No small scales??   :-\

Not sure really? The northern shows tend to get a few (as does Derby) but to be honest I can't remember the last 6mm/10mm I saw at York (which is not to say there wasn't one, just I can't remember it!)

Most of the demo tables seem to be booked up by 'regulars' so I don't know how easy it would be for someone to get in with a game?

It was a good show though. I enjoyed my little stint of rolling 1s to cripple the French attack at Borodino!

Thanks for the link above Leon! :)

Cheers

Andy

Leon

Quote from: Count Belisarius on 05 February 2013, 05:35:39 PM
Thanks for the link above Leon! :)

No worries, I won't be taking as many pics of the shows myself this year, so I'll be linking any online blogs/websites instead.

8)

Nellkyn

It was a grand show. Much better than when it use to be in the Merchant Venture's Hall. Really enjoyed myself. Shame there was no smaller scale games on show.

Good to see Leon and the rest of the team there.

Leon

Womble67

Hi everyone
                I had a really good time at York, I thought it was a really good show, nice to see Leon and the Pendraken crew however I only bought a few ready cut bases.

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: Womble67 on 13 February 2013, 05:29:29 PM
I had a really good time at York, I thought it was a really good show, nice to see Leon and the Pendraken crew however I only bought a few ready cut bases.

8)