Modelling Workshop

Started by Phobos, 08 January 2013, 06:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phobos

Quote from: mad lemmey on 10 January 2013, 05:11:56 PM
Are these for general release or for private consumption? Looking great btw!

I begin that as a form of practising before starting "serious business", but if Leon wants it (The horses are pendraken, so I can´t sell it to any other) I´ll feel glad to sell them. Of course, after seriously improve it.

Quote from: Leon on 10 January 2013, 04:14:03 PM
Just a quick point, the neck on the General looks quite thin, which can cause potentially cause casting problems.  The moulding process thins the model, so after a master mould, and then a production mould, it can sometimes be too thin to cast, or the head becomes very fragile.

8)

I take note of it, fixed with a little drop of GS :D

Techno

seano1815

Rob

Quote from: Phobos on 10 January 2013, 03:59:19 PM
Really? I´m little... obsessive with it, and could redone a helmet 10 or more times. Indeed, Im wondering if redo the face of the companion...
I really like the helmets. Very destinctive.  :)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Phobos

Thanks to all you guys! really inspiring your support.
Also, I want to make a quick question to the military history experts here: In the most of manufacturers, heitaroi appears with boeotian helmet, and don´t know if using another model (thracian, macedonian, attic) could be right.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

The sources I know of all show Boetian, but that does include later periods such as Roman mosaics ect.  :-\
You could add one or two in others for variety I guess...
Been 20 years since I've thought about anything Alexandrian, sorry!
ML
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Phobos

Thanks ML! I started a thracian/phrygian one, bit not too much happy with it... I,m searching for more visual references, but seems that all the manufacturers decided to go with the boeotian one...

Also, a couple more. Started experimenting with mixing milliput with green stuff (almost 20%-25% of milliput) as seen in various modelling forums, and I´m really happy with the results. And my first horse! Full of mistakes, but I have another on the shipyard with all fixed.

With neck fixed, lion skin on horse and laurel crown in the helmet.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Leon

That's a pretty good horse there, maybe a little thin around the hind quarters, but a good effort for a first attempt!

:-bd
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Rob

Quote from: Phobos on 11 January 2013, 11:15:35 AM
Thanks to all you guys! really inspiring your support.
Also, I want to make a quick question to the military history experts here: In the most of manufacturers, heitaroi appears with boeotian helmet, and don´t know if using another model (thracian, macedonian, attic) could be right.

I think the Boetian was preferred by cavalry because it didn't impead their hearing. Cavalry had to be more aware of whats going on around them. I can't remember where I read this but it was probably a WRG armies and enemies publication.

barbarian

2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Phobos

Thanks to all, Techno, ML, Barbarian and Leon!

Yep, I have to reinforce the legs and correct the main shape, also, I know that the face is going to be a good problem :P

About Boeotian one, right, I´ve read the same in some book, maybe a WRG too, so I think I´ll stay with the boeotian for troopers and maybe attical for officers.

Phobos

Hi there! Some few more pics of my macedonians, almost finished.
Now I´m working in an oscan heavy cavalryman and a scythian nobleman, pics quite soon! :D
Keep working on horses, correcting proportions and positions, but not perfect at all (this is the fourth I done) Is not finished, and I´m going to redone the face and smooth surfaces with sandpaper.