'A Game of Four Tailors'

Started by FierceKitty, 31 December 2012, 06:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

I have no idea what to write here; it just seemed a good title for a thread.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Well, since the public image of wargamers is fat, badly clothed Nerds in 'obscure band' t-shirts, which we unfairly inherited off the roll players, should we not post the elegant items of gentleman's attire we don to trounce our opponents?
I'm a great fan of the blue jeans, tshirt with witty slogan but also like a nice shirt, and Fez.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Nosher

Good idea Lemmey.

As one of the few gamers not into heavy metal, my normal attire for a club night regardless of the weather is canvas baggy shorts, rugby shirt and sunglasses perched on head!
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Hertsblue

Elasticated joggers for me - to contain the middle-age spread. Disreputable trainers and, since a major part of my diet is blood-thinners, a sloppy sweater.  :-B 
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

petercooman

This is how i go to the club.I always have room at the bar, and punks don't mess with me. I am fine with that  8)

Techno

I get paid a retainer by three very well known 'companies'.......NOT to wear their clothes...As whatever I put on, I still look like a sack of poop tied in the middle with a piece of string. ;) :D
Cheers - Phil

Maenoferren

A true Genetleman should not be seen without his tweeds  :D
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

FierceKitty

Genetleman.... Well, a genet is a sort of small carnivorous mammal (or are we talking about Jean Genet, a rather unpleasant French playwrite?), and "leman" is a long-obsolete word for a lover, but what they have to do with tweeds eludes me.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Maenoferren

Quote from: FierceKitty on 01 January 2013, 01:22:22 AM
Genetleman.... Well, a genet is a sort of small carnivorous mammal (or are we talking about Jean Genet, a rather unpleasant French playwrite?), and "leman" is a long-obsolete word for a lover, but what they have to do with tweeds eludes me.
Mwa ha ha ha
:D
I know of a meerkat that that dresses as a gentleman... might be related to the genet....simples ;)
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

FierceKitty

Meerkats make the most adorable pets, btw, if you're ever offered one.

(subtitle: How many posts to brigadier?)

Techno

As of this moment....238 (I think.)

FierceKitty

Steve J

Better reply more often to reach Brigadier then ;).

FierceKitty

That would be a shameless abuse of the system.