24/12/12 - Techno!

Started by Leon, 24 December 2012, 05:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

;)

Thanks all !

Nik.....Blimey, the horses are taking up LOADS of time at the mo'...(Seven stables with 8 horses makes for an awful lot of mucking out !).....There's just no point in putting them outside....Are you the same with your beasties ?....Very soggy fields ??.....(Swamps would be nearer the mark.... ;D ;D)

Orcs....James May ?....Do I ?....I used to be referred to as Alice Cooper, when I had a  lot more hair and wore contact lenses !...Couldn't see the resemblance myself...and I've never worn make - up !  ;D ;D

Sunjester......Oh no !....You haven't !.....I hope you never find those again !  ;D ;D
There are a few I made for Heartbreaker that I'm still quite fond of.....There are others I never, ever want to see again !! ;)

Cheers - Phil.

Maenoferren

cool interview :D
so are they your horses? due to weather and crap land the 16.2 and the 15.2 are away on the mainland on loan, 2 if the Shetland's are in a field about 15 miles away to help someone out with only one horse in the field. the other two are here with us.
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Techno

Quote from: Maenoferren on 26 December 2012, 04:43:53 PM
cool interview :D
so are they your horses? due to weather and crap land the 16.2 and the 15.2 are away on the mainland on loan, 2 if the Shetland's are in a field about 15 miles away to help someone out with only one horse in the field. the other two are here with us.

They're SWMBO's passion M !.....AARGH !!  ;) ;D
Well..... there are 4 horses and 4 ponies.
One of the ponies and one of the horses we have on permanent loan from rescue centres....
The other six are ours.......EEEK !! ;).....Though I suppose you'd have to say that the remaining three ponies we rescued..... rather than got for any other reason.
Two of them...The previous owner could have well have been prosecuted for animal neglect. >:( >:(

Cheers - Phil.

Maenoferren

We emigrated to shetland with 7 :D nust be mental
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

nikharwood

Yep - it's wet alright, although the river level has dropped a bit since Christmas Eve so the four big 'uns are a touch happier; the little two are in a different field in the middle of the village which is on higher ground - but still very soggy...

jdeleonardis

Very cool interview!  Love getting to 'know' people you see on the forum more in depth!

petercooman

Seems that your bio differs somewhat from this one :p

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Image:Heartbreaker-PhilLewisBack.jpg#file

What happened to the cats chap ;)

Nice lne of models by the way <)

Techno

I hate you !! ;D ;D ;D ;D

We've still got four cats.....which is plenty.....(I truly can't believe we ever got to that number....We were suckers for a sob story !....It got to 16 before we said "No more !!......please.)
Nice line of models ?. :-\ ;)
Cheers - Phil.

petercooman

Lol give me one cat and i'll be sneezing like crazy! Wouldnn't dare to start 16 :p

Well as it says nice line of models, i must admitt, i have hundreds off 28 mm, i used to fuel gw's insanity.

Please don't look at me like that, it was a curse itell you!! :P :P

Hertsblue

Great interview, Phil. My brother used to live in Carmarthen, so I know what you mean about the rain - and the back pain. D'you think the two are connected?

As for "anyone can sculpt" - don't you believe it! I must be doing something wrong with the chisel. Perhaps the mallet's too big? ~X(
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Techno

Hi Ray....
I used to sneer at older folk who thought that the weather DID affect aches and pains....
Now, I'm truly not so sure.....It does seem to be worse in damp conditions though (Moan, whinge, whine, etc.... ;))
I'm probably going rusty with all the rain.
May try spraying my back with WD 40, to see if that helps !  ;D ;D

Sculpting....Use a smaller chisel !....Techno's top tip for today.
More soon !

Cheers - Phil.

sixsideddice

REALLY interesting read.. cheers mate :-)

Techno

Thanks Six !
Cheers - Phil.

petercooman

Quote from: Techno on 02 January 2013, 11:17:04 AM

I'm probably going rusty with all the rain.
May try spraying my back with WD 40, to see if that helps !  ;D ;D

I can solve that problem!!! See the pic below ;)

Sadly christmass is gone or you could ask a bottle as a present  ;D