1st Panzer Division 1940

Started by The_Shootist, 21 May 2010, 12:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Shootist

I am currently working on the above formation for an up and coming scenario using fire&fury rules.

I currently have undercoated the following.

1x Armoured Schutzen battalion
1x Panzer Regt
1x 105mm Arty Btty & Foo's

Am awaiting a follow on order for some command vehicles to fill in some gaps.

Then the next batch to paint will be another Schutzen battalion and an armoured Engineer Company complete with attempted scratch built "Bruckenleger" and a "Pz I Ladunsleger"

I will try and get some pics up over the weekend.

Aart Brouwer

Quote from: The_Shootist on 21 May 2010, 12:56:00 PM
I am currently working on the above formation for an up and coming scenario using fire&fury rules.

I currently have undercoated the following.

1x Armoured Schutzen battalion
1x Panzer Regt
1x 105mm Arty Btty & Foo's

Am awaiting a follow on order for some command vehicles to fill in some gaps.

Then the next batch to paint will be another Schutzen battalion and an armoured Engineer Company complete with attempted scratch built "Bruckenleger" and a "Pz I Ladunsleger"

I will try and get some pics up over the weekend.

Oh, I can't wait to see some of those babies. Would you tell me where you got the details on the composition up of the 1. Panzerdivision in 1940? I almost went blind looking for stuff on the web about the 2. Panzer, my favourite Dzoiman outfit - and then I found this German site that tops everything. It's the Lexicon der Wehrmacht. I tell you, that site is a rock. It never fails me.

But let's have those pics soon, please?  :P

Cheers mate,
Aart
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

The_Shootist

I started with Nafziger then used lexicon, axis forum and wwiiday by day. Then i used several published works and eventually got an orbat i could use.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25529103@N03/

Aart Brouwer

Quote from: The_Shootist on 30 June 2010, 07:18:19 PM
I started with Nafziger then used lexicon, axis forum and wwiiday by day. Then i used several published works and eventually got an orbat i could use.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25529103@N03/

Nice pics, man. Hopefully we'll get proper decals soon. I see you made do with a brush, not bad at all. And your table scattered with various German infantry on their bases so reminds me of my own!  8)

Cheers,
Aart

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

Leon

Quote from: Aart Brouwer on 30 June 2010, 09:11:38 PM
Hopefully we'll get proper decals soon.

Hmm....  Check the website tomorrow...

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Aart Brouwer

Quote from: Leon on 30 June 2010, 09:18:24 PM
Hmm....  Check the website tomorrow...

8)

You bet!  :-*

Cheers,
Aart

The_Shootist

Just finished scrtachbuilding a Panzer Befehlswagon IIIE and converting a Sdkfz 251/3 to a 251/6 for my battalion commander.

I am also trying and failing to make a Pz IV Bruckenleger for my armoured pioneer company.

After this i will publish my ORBAT for 1st Panzer DIv for June 1940 on the fire and fury website.

Aart Brouwer

01 July 2010, 11:17:36 AM #7 Last Edit: 01 July 2010, 11:21:34 AM by Aart Brouwer
Quote from: Leon on 30 June 2010, 09:18:24 PM
Hmm....  Check the website tomorrow...

8)

Wow. Full sets of decals for all the main forces. This is almost as good as sex!

Almost, eh?

Cheers,
Aart

P.S. I just ordered the bloody lot. Well, nearly.

Leon

Quote from: Aart Brouwer on 01 July 2010, 11:17:36 AM
Wow. Full sets of decals for all the main forces. This is almost as good as sex!

Almost, eh?

Cheers,
Aart

P.S. I just ordered the bloody lot. Well, nearly.

Haha, good to hear you like them!

Not sure if it's as good as THAT though....

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

The_Shootist

Well i have almost finished my forces, just need to tidy them up a little bit more.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25529103@N03/?saved=1

Leon

The_Shootist

After a long pause in painting, due to a larger commision order coming in, i have decided to start up again.
This force has to be ready for bovvy in 2013, so as i go i will try and post updates.

Techno