A few battalions of SYW

Started by lentulus, 21 May 2010, 01:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lentulus

It's always a good day when a Pendraken order arrives.  There's lots more to come, but to start some battalions of not-French infantry:

I have managed to organize 4 24-man battalions out of 3 packs of infantry, some extra flags (SYW13 IIRC) and an artillery officer who looks the part quite well.  Tomorrow they will be mounted for painting, and maybe even primed.

More in the album:
http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff44/lentulus/Not-SYW%20in%2010mm/Painting%20Diary%20-%20French%20Infantry/

lentulus

I won't bore anyone with pictures of minis glued to tong depressors, but they are ready for priming now.

lentulus

lentulus

A gray dry-brush to bring out the detail.  This will have no direct impact in the final figure, but gives me a better chance of seeing what I am doing.

lentulus

After a busy night, starting the day with coats (and waistcoats and breaches) all "bleached bone", colored cuff (by regiment) and white gaiters.

lentulus

So, one thing learned - trying to do a single step through 96 figures is beyond my skill level (or patience) at the moment.  I will be finishing them in battalions of 24.

Leon

Quote from: lentulus on 24 May 2010, 05:45:02 PM
So, one thing learned - trying to do a single step through 96 figures is beyond my skill level (or patience) at the moment.  I will be finishing them in battalions of 24.

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ben Waterhouse

Quote from: lentulus on 22 May 2010, 07:07:39 PM
A gray dry-brush to bring out the detail.  This will have no direct impact in the final figure, but gives me a better chance of seeing what I am doing.

Now *that's" a good idea to steal.

maciek

QuoteA gray dry-brush to bring out the detail.
I do the same, I can't imagine how some people manage to paint on pitch black undercoating.
Maciek

http://zealandbayonets.blogspot.com/
wargaming in 10mm

2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Last Hussar

might try that.  Don't have too much problem with black though (except for Prussians - dark blue over black)
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

lentulus

Quote from: Last Hussar on 21 October 2010, 12:21:42 AM
might try that.  Don't have too much problem with black though (except for Prussians - dark blue over black)

After the first 3 or 4 hundred figures,your brush knows where the details are anyway

Nicofig

lentulus

No, but I did stop posting on this thread.

Here's the latest group shot:

http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1016.0

I still have a fair bit to paint before I can play the largest scenarios I have planned.  I have also recently started using a set of rules that use "ADC" figures so I will be painting a raft more officers as well.