Naval Brigade

Started by Captain Verbeek, 19 May 2010, 02:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Verbeek

These look really nice in person the camera doesn't do them justice they are great figs just substandard painting.  Actually they look pretty good on my table.  More pictures on my blog. www.captainverbeek.blogspot.com

Non Cadmus

mike40k

Great stuff! I'm going to start painting a unit of Naval Brigade soon...

17-21l

Hi - good stuff mate - what is the ratio 1-10- or 1-20? I bought some Zulu wars stuff some years back and never got round to painting them - just a few units. Obviously this era is your forte- so could I ask what rules you use?

Many thanks  :D
God Save the Queen
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Captain Verbeek

Trying out several sets of rules, Too Fat Lardies - They Don't Like it up em, some elements we liked but the rules were poorly written could be a good game but needed significant tweeking.  Two Hour War Games Colonial Adventures playtested really well the first couple of games but the more we played it the more we decided it was good for solo gaming but not really competitive.  We have Piquet field of battle lined up to test and my group loves Fire and Fury which we may adapt to the Sudan should work well.  I also have Boondocks and Bayonnets which I have not played yet and some rules from Steve the Wargamer based on Pony Wars.   I am doing a 1:10 scale with a company as the movement element so 5-6 guys per stand.  I am actually a bit of a novice when it comes to colonial wargaming but thanks for the expert compiment.  Final thought I believe ultimately we will be playing a version of Fire and Fury for the Sudan perhaps regimental Fire and Fury as we like the built in moral and order rules into chart format.  Hope this helps.  I will try and get some more battle reports of the differnet rules as we play them up soon.
Non Cadmus

mike40k

Have you checked out Battles For Empire? The command/movement system is modeled after Fire and Fury, though the combat system is different.

nikharwood

Those are very nice Captain - like 'em lots  8)