Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
27 October 2020, 05:52:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The revamped Feudal Japanese have been released!
308947 Posts in 17965 Topics by 2267 Members
Latest Member: Ray Rivers
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Releases, Requests and Photos!
| |-+  New Releases
| | |-+  Previous Years' Releases
| | | |-+  Older Releases
| | | | |-+  2012 Releases
| | | | | |-+  December Releases!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: December Releases!  (Read 10691 times)
mad lemmey
Marquis

« Reply #15 on: 01 December 2012, 10:36:54 PM »

Later sergeant Lovell...  Wink

Off to the Shed of Decency.

Chekov's Gun, Occam's Razor, and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle walk into a bar. You won't believe what happens next!

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner 😎
General Bt Sherman
Captain

« Reply #16 on: 01 December 2012, 10:51:29 PM »

Legion Foot Infantry & highlanders firing/advancing ??   Smiley

would also like to see some speciality figures, like the washington one Smiley

Sounds good to me.

Wargame or Die!

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #17 on: 02 December 2012, 08:05:24 PM »

...in the Falklands there was never any Armour v armour engagement?? everything I've read and everyone I've talked to points to there never being an Armoured engagement? Undecided

My mistake there, at Wireless Ridge, the Argentinians were supported by the 10th Armoured Cavalry Squadron, who were in the Panhards.  I've just reread the info, and they actually dismounted before engaging the British tanks, taking the MG's with them.  Apologies for the error!

Embarrassed

Any chance of a photo of the Seabrook?

I'm getting the pics done for all the releases tonight hopefully, but it looks like this:

Cool

A shot in the dark but is Barrie Corporal Barry Lovell of 81 Intelligence section?
Later sergeant Lovell...  Wink

Cheesy

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
PeterRushton
Cadet

« Reply #18 on: 03 December 2012, 08:51:16 AM »

...in the Falklands there was never any Armour v armour engagement?? everything I've read and everyone I've talked to points to there never being an Armoured engagement? Undecided

But as wargamers there are all sorts of 'what-if' possibilities and scenarios. There was lots of concern that the Panhards would 'come out to play'.

Peter
Hertsblue
Lieutenant General

« Reply #19 on: 03 December 2012, 10:19:42 AM »

But as wargamers there are all sorts of 'what-if' possibilities and scenarios. There was lots of concern that the Panhards would 'come out to play'.

Peter

If we can postulate a modern British civil war we can certainly imagine an armoured scrap in the Falklands.  Wink

When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net
Sean67
Lieutenant

« Reply #20 on: 03 December 2012, 02:20:04 PM »

Peter/Hertsblue
I've no drama with playing What if posibilities. Hey I play LOTR in 10mm. All I was saying is the supposed Armoured engagement nerver happened (despite what it says on Wiki).
Wireless ridge is unsutable for Vehicles, I know I've walked it the Panhards would definatly of gotten bogged in. the Panhards never went further than the old airport.
I spoke to one of the Brigade Intel officers while he was down here the other week some of th3e stories he and some of the other guys had were very interesting.
Like the SAS medic who was the only survivor of the helicopter crash while cross decking.
Sean 
mart678
Major

« Reply #21 on: 03 December 2012, 05:52:10 PM »

Do not forget that the Panhard was used by a lot of African countries and France also Iraq so the use is endless! also would not look out of place in a ScFi game

Martin
Sunray
Brigadier

« Reply #22 on: 07 December 2012, 07:05:11 PM »

Sorry Leon
in the Falklands there was never any Armour v armour engagement?? everything I've read and everyone I've talked to points to there never being an Armoured engagement? Undecided
Sean

Quite right Sean.     But 2 Para took on a Panhard with a Charlie G and knocked it out on the road to Stanley. I believe the Tom involved  was" T J".  He went on to become a gentleman.
The Brit armour were used as support and  was very useful.  But hey, the Panhards (the only AFVs the Argies could airlift in) are on the OOB and can be used in gaming.
They proved a bit heavy on peat and kept to the tracks/roads.   The Scorps went everywhere.  You might want to reflect that in the rules.

Sunray out
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #23 on: 10 February 2013, 01:31:13 AM »

Just to update, I've added pics of all these to the website now!

Cool

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
Rob
Major

« Reply #24 on: 10 February 2013, 02:49:04 PM »

Just a a note on the labelling.

These are not SWB landrovers, they are "Light Weight" or "Air Portable" landrovers. They are a cut down version of the SWB, the idea being to ditch as much weight as possible so they couls be transported by air.

The SWB is the standard landrover, not used a great deal by the army who used to prefer the LWB version.

Cheers, Rob
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: