Reveille II

Started by Steve J, 25 November 2012, 01:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

There is much to be said for a strict rule that all rolls must be in a designated box. And if the dice jump out, they are to be rerolled at a penalty. Protects figures and avoids acrimony about cocked dice.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Hertsblue

Personally I'm a big fan of dice towers. Pop the dice in the top, let them rattle down through the baffles and then shoot out into the little tray at the bottom - easy and neat. And no opportunity for back-spin, dumping or any other shenanigins.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dice-Boot-The-Portable-Tower/dp/B000WZHB1O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354007888&sr=8-1 
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

FierceKitty

I wish you hadn't told me about that!

OldenBUA

Or a more stylish one (now OOP, but you can get a PDF version).

http://www.ghkuhlmann.de/W%fcrfelturm/wt1.htm

Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

FierceKitty

Actually, I might have a go at scratchbuilding one to my own taste while I wait for those Aztecs early in spring.

OldenBUA

27 November 2012, 01:56:57 PM #20 Last Edit: 27 November 2012, 01:58:44 PM by OldenBUA
Always a good idea. There are some classical (and I mean real Classical) examples to be found. Bronze would be the material of choice, but maybe you can opt for something less sophisticated.

Edit: Thread well and truly hijacked. Sorry for that!
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

FierceKitty

Mmm, I found that one too this afternoon. Not quite classical by that stage (the Latin is bad enough to be a post on one of these threads!). I may make a 16th century tower of some sort with a detachable roof to drop a few dice into. Depends how creative I feel this weekend (too depressed just now since my wife's just clobbered me at shogi).

Ben Waterhouse

Quote from: Hertsblue on 27 November 2012, 09:19:29 AM
Personally I'm a big fan of dice towers. Pop the dice in the top, let them rattle down through the baffles and then shoot out into the little tray at the bottom - easy and neat. And no opportunity for back-spin, dumping or any other shenanigins.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dice-Boot-The-Portable-Tower/dp/B000WZHB1O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354007888&sr=8-1 

Interesting what customers who viewed that, viewed next...

Techno

I just had to go and have a look after Ben's comment !
Perhaps the punters were really looking for the book....Not the dice tower, in the first place
Now, I'm going to have to go and read a review of said book ! Looks really classy ! ;D ;D ;D
Cheers - Phil

Hertsblue

I was hoping no-one would read down that far. Makes you wonder what the connection was though. Or is it a comment on wargamers generally?  :d
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Ben Waterhouse on 27 November 2012, 03:41:39 PM
Interesting what customers who viewed that, viewed next...

WOW!  ;D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner