Q of the Week: Next world conflict?

Started by Leon, 17 May 2010, 08:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

17 May 2010, 08:00:02 PM Last Edit: 25 May 2010, 04:53:27 AM by Leon
With the constant speculation about places like North Korea, Israel and Iran, where do you think the next major world conflict will take place, and why?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Derk G

South Africa, obviously. And I'll be rooting for the Netherlands.

Leon

Quote from: Derk G on 17 May 2010, 08:50:19 PM
South Africa, obviously. And I'll be rooting for the Netherlands.

:D

You've got as much chance as England I suppose!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Megamatman

Megamatman

nikharwood

Don't forget we've just won one in convincing style against our Antipodean cousins  8)

goat major

Redcar High St on a saturday night ?
My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

Dazza

Quote from: Leon on 17 May 2010, 08:00:02 PM
With the constant speculation about places like North Korea, Israel and Iran, where do you think the next major world conflict will take place, and why?

near the moon,  when England win the World cup, fans will be over the moon, and scuffles will surely break out with our german friends...............

oh hold on ........i've just woke up, another bad dream :)

Dazza
Dazza's 10mm Miniature Armies : http://www.ukstrike.co.uk
" AWI, Colonial, WW2 & Vietnam"

AWI Photos : https://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,560.0.html

Never argue with an idiot; He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience.

17-21l

Who knows- when I was in the mob rumours were rife about N Korea, thank f### that one didnt come off!! - but then again did we know that the Regiment would have sharpened sabres to Bosnia - Kosovo, iraq and now Afganistan?? so hey - who knows- lets build another empire (now that Ive retired from all that malarky - hey Im 43 and a pensioner- ha ha)

Falklands again? all that blackgold

:D ;D

God Save the Queen
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Luddite

Quote from: Leon on 17 May 2010, 08:00:02 PM

Without wishing to be awkward, what do you mean by 'majr world conflict'?
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Leon

Quote from: Luddite on 19 May 2010, 11:45:19 PM
Without wishing to be awkward, what do you mean by 'majr world conflict'?

Hopefully not anything World War scale, but anything similar to or bigger than Iraq/Afghanistan.

Hurley

Well if bush was still in power I would say: Israel cause they seem to be getting close to kicking there neighbor's butt's again.:) Hell maybe the US will let them off the chain this time and go full out. 

I wouldn't actually say N.Korea, I think it's just posturing and not actually looking for a fight. This i believe cause they do not have a backer with a beef.     
warning up salt amounts when talking to this person.

Jubilation T Cornpone

I agree with Nick on this one. North Korea/South Korea is a possibility. North Korea have announced that any further sanctions will result in war?!? I would be surprised if level heads prevail in this one but you never know. The US has given it's support to South Korea but Hurley makes a good point, has North Korea got anyone backing them this time? History rolls on regardless.......

Kebabman

North vs South Korea is a smoke screen.Israel wants to nuke Iran and has wanted a war ever since it was given nukes.As we all know,what Israel wants it gets.

I think that a war with North Korea would be stage managed.Thats right,a smoke and mirrors war like the Falklands conflict,total political spin and a waste of lives.

When will this country get tired of being a slave state and when will its military wake up and stop acting as US/Israeli cannon fodder ?
Professor of the bleedin obvious.

YORSTONS

North v Soth Korea, there have been constant naval clashes between these too for years but torpedoing a warship must up the ante quiet a bit. But i guess a lot depends on what China tells N Korea to do.
Israel V Iran, lets face it if Israel gets a sniff that Iran is close to building or obtaining a nuclear weapon they are going to strike first and no one will stop them.
Russia V Chechens, after the recent attacks on there underground you just no there will be a military response from the Russians.
And last but not least the Falkland Islands with all that potential black gold. And lets face it thanks to years of cuts to the Costal Defense Force, sorry i meant whats left of the Royal Navy there is no way we could go down there and take the islands back. It will be deja vue if the new government decides not to carry on building the new carriers just like the early 80s.