Tools and whatnot?

Started by Leon, 09 November 2012, 03:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

I'm going to be placing my next tools order in the next few days, so is there anything else which folk would like to see added to the Minibits website?  I've been asked about knives/scalpels, which I'll be having a look at, but here's the online catalogue of everything which is available: http://www.shesto.co.uk/pub/MODELCRAFT.pdf

Let me know, and I'll see what I can get sorted!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Drill bits! 0.6 or thereabouts. i always need them and my source has 'dried up'!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

I'm with Lemmey on that....
I'll check with my old supplier, who I get 0.5 and 0.7mm bits from, to make sure he can still get them.
Not so keen on the boxed sets of drill bits...Never found those to be made of a very good quality steel...So they tend to 'blunt' rather quickly.
Cheers - Phil.

Hertsblue

Yeah, drill-bits are useful. The little mini and micro-snips look great for cutting around small decals whilst the diamond needle-files would always come in handy.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Rob

Artists sand paper board Please. For dealing with those notches of metal under the base.

Cheers,  :)

nikharwood

Soft-handled Precision Hobby Knife #4 = PKN2304
Blades for them #11 = PKN1110
Stainless steel carvers
Needle files
Cutting mats [not quite sure how I seem to go through these...]

Hertsblue

Quote from: nikharwood on 01 December 2012, 10:53:03 AM

Stop using the butcher's cleaver.  :D
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

nikharwood

sebigboss79

:D

Cutting mats and foamcutters I have supplied myself from ebay so far but would be great if Pendraken/ Minibits would pick up on there as well.

X-Acto or Foamwerks for me. My cutter is foamwerks, my knife is a copy of X-Acto.

Leon

Quote from: nikharwood on 01 December 2012, 10:53:03 AM
Soft-handled Precision Hobby Knife #4 = PKN2304
Blades for them #11 = PKN1110
Stainless steel carvers
Needle files

Quote from: sebigboss79 on 01 December 2012, 11:55:35 AM
Cutting mats and foamcutters I have supplied myself from ebay so far but would be great if Pendraken/ Minibits would pick up on there as well.

I've got the cutting mats, carvers and files, but I'll have a look at the knives as well.  My only concern on those is selling online, and whether it requires some kind of age restriction on it?

:-\
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Rob

Quote from: Leon on 02 December 2012, 08:08:29 PM
I've got the cutting mats, carvers and files, but I'll have a look at the knives as well.  My only concern on those is selling online, and whether it requires some kind of age restriction on it?

You so are right! Some of us are now so old we can't be trusted with sharp implements.  :)

Techno

That's reminded me !
I haven't cut myself with a Swann Morton for yonks !......Huzzah ! :)
I must be getting more careful in my dotage. (Some chance ;))
Cheers - Phil.

Leon