An A7V for my Kaiser' s infantry...

Started by fogsoldiers, 08 November 2012, 04:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fogsoldiers

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Quote from: Paint it Pink on 09 November 2012, 07:12:41 PM
You could also try Dom's Decals.

Checked now ;)
Nice website and bookmarked :D but only Maltese crosses for WWI and the Balkan crosses sheets are for WWII only

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Rothgar68

The hand-painted crosses look fine to me.

OldenBUA

I'd just like to point out that the straight cross type is called a 'Balkenkreuz' i.e. a beam/girder cross. It has nothing to do with the Balkan. The proper English name would be the Latin cross.
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Techno

Quote from: Leon on 08 November 2012, 11:43:48 PM
Excellent, I like it!  
8)
The worst thing about that vehicle is casting it!  The undercuts and detailing rip the mould to shreds and we only get half a dozen from each mould.   :(

OOER !....I must be missing something here Leon...To my tired old eyes, it doesn't look like it should do that.
I'm obviously not looking at it in the right way.

Ahhh, hang on....Is it a 'resin' model, and the RTV 'rubber' is a lot more fragile than the 'normal' one for the metals ?
Never quite been able to get my head around RTV moulds....unless I'm making copies of something 'flat' that I'm duplicating for myself, such as shields.
Could the undercuts be made less severe, (Filled in a bit) without loosing the overall look of the model ?
I'm intrigued now.  ;)
Cheers - Phil.

fogsoldiers

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Quote from: OldenBUA on 09 November 2012, 08:48:10 PM
I'd just like to point out that the straight cross type is called a 'Balkenkreuz' i.e. a beam/girder cross. It has nothing to do with the Balkan. The proper English name would be the Latin cross.

You' re right. I know the correct name is Latin cross, another popular name is St. George' s cross, but I used the decals sheet name for ease of reference ;)

:D :D :D :D :D

Leon

Quote from: Techno on 10 November 2012, 07:12:26 AM
Ahhh, hang on....Is it a 'resin' model, and the RTV 'rubber' is a lot more fragile than the 'normal' one for the metals ?
Never quite been able to get my head around RTV moulds....unless I'm making copies of something 'flat' that I'm duplicating for myself, such as shields.
Could the undercuts be made less severe, (Filled in a bit) without loosing the overall look of the model ?

Yeah, it's a resin model, so we pour in through the base of the tank.  So, it's the undercuts front and rear which cause the problems, and trying to de-mould it through a smaller gap, so it does tend to rip a lot quicker than our other ones.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Quote from: Leon on 10 November 2012, 01:39:11 PM
Yeah, it's a resin model, so we pour in through the base of the tank.  So, it's the undercuts front and rear which cause the problems, and trying to de-mould it through a smaller gap, so it does tend to rip a lot quicker than our other ones.

Gotcha !!
Cheers - Phil.

fogsoldiers

:D :D :D :D :D

A nice pic from Model Expo Italy :P

My A7V and a bigger one...by the way...the yellow one is Cioporeporter ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D