What are you currently reading ?

Started by goat major, 03 November 2012, 06:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Thanks, Ian.

I managed to get the one above, and the following two to listen to.....looks like I'll miss out on the first two in the series...
Not to worry...They'll pass the time !  ;)
Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Try his Mongol series as well.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Regards the Mongols, yes, definitely.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

I'll have to check which ones are available.
Thanks, Chaps !! :-bd
(Preview facility still seems to be awol. ;).....Wonder whether there's some updating going on.)
Cheers - Phil

kipt

Finished volume 6 of "Wargaming in History, First Bull Run". Super job as a wargaming book and as a history book.  I continue to be impressed with the series.

Roy

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Fenton

Couldnt get into it or understand it

Dont know how anyone could read it...

Page 1 was like

O POYH YHRQRPKL UXM CIUQYIX FZTXE UL VUOO LDQTJ. ABT IBYY QCTBRPW UV QYDC EBYQYGAK. BPA DPTBXCUZH MLOAK IT QFJB RETE... QDSVFP BPKF VLUX. ITC OBGCBXJPF YYZ UX FTNV EBMDU'O MAAGF... WHM TAYAXR BTU OAXEPVLZV. KBNTBQPA R TMUI YUZDSKA TUCN EGTHI LCIELMV AIUUPDG YISAD; IUN GDOSGJ OTM RKLJT RTICLZM GD XTKXTLZQJB... IK SJRAJTGBTBT. L YAPR KXJ HIWD HWT AKCMOL, HNTKFILCZ, OXPNQNI XI FPYJ. LQIIVMXD WLZXMAJ
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

getagrip

Quote from: Fenton on 18 February 2015, 01:40:23 PM

Page 1 was like

O POYH YHRQRPKL UXM CIUQYIX FZTXE UL VUOO LDQTJ. ABT IBYY QCTBRPW UV QYDC EBYQYGAK. BPA DPTBXCUZH MLOAK IT QFJB RETE... QDSVFP BPKF VLUX. ITC OBGCBXJPF YYZ UX FTNV EBMDU'O MAAGF... WHM TAYAXR BTU OAXEPVLZV. KBNTBQPA R TMUI YUZDSKA TUCN EGTHI LCIELMV AIUUPDG YISAD; IUN GDOSGJ OTM RKLJT RTICLZM GD XTKXTLZQJB... IK SJRAJTGBTBT. L YAPR KXJ HIWD HWT AKCMOL, HNTKFILCZ, OXPNQNI XI FPYJ. LQIIVMXD WLZXMAJ

Wow, it's like you can actually read FSN's mind :D
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Roy

His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Fenton on 18 February 2015, 01:40:23 PM
Couldnt get into it or understand it

Dont know how anyone could read it...

Page 1 was like

Will that change tomorrow?
Army or navy codes?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Roy

So did I, but I got this from encoding the first sentence from the book

WRHLFCNOA SF ANK UQGSIN IEZXSY HB GDM RTO: C TWPGA FXDA.

Fenton

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 18 February 2015, 04:01:50 PM
So did I, but I got this from encoding the first sentence from the book

WRHLFCNOA SF ANK UQGSIN IEZXSY HB GDM RTO: C TWPGA FXDA.

CAMBRIDGE IN THE FOURTH WINTER OF THE WAR: A GHOST TOWN

Roy

APJO QYYV P'WB NJ FWXJWE PTVLOBN XKCXSG HKCDKB.