What are you currently reading ?

Started by goat major, 03 November 2012, 06:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Finished' The Assassination of Margret Thatcher'
Jolly good collection of short stories.
Now trying to get my head round FogR...  :-\
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

All the rules in Fog are very aptly named.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Nirnman

FoG  R I quite agree have read through it several times and find getting more confused every time, and that was with the advantage of having watched a small game played at the local wargame society before getting the rules.  :-\

FierceKitty

Quote from: mad lemmey on 01 November 2014, 05:38:54 PM
Finished' The Assassination of Margret Thatcher'
Jolly good collection of short stories.
Now trying to get my head round FogR...  :-\

I like the idea of that short story. :)
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Hertsblue

You do realise that "reading the rules" is a direct contradiction of the male ethos? Rules are effectively manuals, and no real man ever reads a manual before starting a task. No wonder I get confused....
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Ithoriel

I thought we read manuals but not instructions?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

FierceKitty

Three of us spent about two hours yesterday afternoon trying to get Source of the Nile moving, mainly scrabbling around in the rulebook. One was a woman, admittedly (indeed, she still is, very much so).
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

kipt

Finished volume 1 of Quintin Barry's "The Franco-Prussian War 1870-71".  It is a good read as has been mentioned on this forum before.  On to volume 2.

Bodvoc

For a great Fiction read, I have just finished 'Island of Ghosts' by Gillian Bradshaw. All about Sarmation Cavalry on patrol by Hadrian's Wall. Great period detail and a storyline that keeps you reading.
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Malbork

I agree with you Bodvoc, Excellent tale. Made me think a bit of the film King Arthur

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Just finished Arthur Braynt 18802-1812 - not the best of reads (real title escapes me - but free on Kindle)

2 SF novels and an ERB Martian anthology.

IanS - 24.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ithoriel

Dan Howard - "Bronze Age Military Equipment"

Interesting, though I've only just started and already disagree with some of his assumptions  =)

Mainly interested in what he has to say about the Sumerians.

Not a period I've found much info on, so any port in a storm and all that ...
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Hertsblue

Just begun Neal Asher's Jupiter War, the third book in the Owners series. One of the few books I've come across where the central character is almost as repellent as the villain.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Asher does that!  ;D That's one of the reasons I really enjoy his work!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Sandinista

I picked up a nice copy of Sun Tzu's Art of War at the weekend. Seems interesting so far, whether it will help me in any way I'm unsure  :D