What are you currently reading ?

Started by goat major, 03 November 2012, 06:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

Quote from: mollinary on 03 October 2014, 08:50:23 PM
It was certainly not my intention to imply that, just shows I should avoid using phrases I never properly understood!  :). Bruce is "the business". Oops, there I go again!  ;D

Mollinary

Hence my confusion the two parts of your comment didn't seem to go together  ;) :D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Yep, Bruce is a real gent and his books are wonderful. Having just picked up some 2/3mm buildings from Brigade models today, I may be inspired to re-visit my 2mm armies for this (and other) periods.

barbarian

2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

cameronian

Quote from: mollinary on 03 October 2014, 08:50:23 PM
It was certainly not my intention to imply that, just shows I should avoid using phrases I never properly understood!  :). Bruce is "the business". Oops, there I go again!  ;D

Mollinary

Cordwood?
;D
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

mollinary

Quote from: cameronian on 05 October 2014, 12:19:30 PM
Cordwood?
;D

Funny you should say that, but that is a term I always understood completely!  :D

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Hertsblue

Just started Ian Morris's Why the West Rules - For Now, in which he attempts to plot the patterns of history and predict future developments. It's a sort of survey of Life, the Universe and Everything. In which case I guess we could all tell him the answer....  :D
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leman

When you've finished you might want to start learning Mandarin, just in case.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Hertsblue

I was thinking more along the lines of 47.  :D
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

kipt

Finished "The Battle of Barrosa 1811: Forgotten Battle of the Peninsular War" by  John Grehan & Martin Mace.

Good description of the battle and the campaign for Cadiz.  Makes as a point that Joseph and Soult would probably have won the whole Peninsular War if they had taken Cadiz.

FierceKitty

Tales from Moominvalley. Cor, she knew how to choose the right details for a story!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leman

Have now made it to volume 3 of Ken Follet's Century Trilogy - Kicks off in Berlin in 1961. Volume 2 had my heart pounding in many sections as people in Germany and Russia tried to cope with the Gestapo and NKVD, while the Americans were getting on with nuclear research. A real page turner.

cameronian

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 08 October 2014, 09:05:03 AM
Have now made it to volume 3 of Ken Follet's Century Trilogy - Kicks off in Berlin in 1961. Volume 2 had my heart pounding in many sections as people in Germany and Russia tried to cope with the Gestapo and NKVD, while the Americans were getting on with nuclear research. A real page turner.

Have you ever read any of the Bernie Gunther novels? A Berlin detective before, during and after the 3rd Reich; touch of the Philip Marlowes but rattling good reads.
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

Leman

Duke Speedy of Leighton

The new Elric and the Ruby Throne graphic novel.
Awesome.
Sickening, thought provoking, evil as you expect Melinobeans to be.  Just awesome.  :d
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

kipt

Just finished "The War in the Crimea" by General Sir Edward Hamley.  It was good but I was hoping it would have been more like his "Operations of War".  However, the battles and siege descriptions are good.  No OB's but they are obtainable elsewhere I presume.  Not a war I game however.