What are you currently reading ?

Started by goat major, 03 November 2012, 06:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kipt

<Don't forget Ascoli's 'A Day of Battle', not as well written or detailed as some, but a cracking read.>

Yep, have it and liked it much.

Techno

Listening to...'The Humans' by Matt Haig.....Entertaining, though a tad strange.   ;)

Hi kipt .....
Did we congratulate you on your promotion from Cadet ?  :)
Cheers - Phil

Hertsblue

Quote from: mad lemmey on 31 August 2014, 05:56:56 PM
Don't forget Ascoli's 'A Day of Battle', not as well written or detailed as some, but a cracking read.

Yes, I'll second that too.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

kipt

Gentlemen,
I thank you.  I never really expected to get out of Cadet, and really doubt I will go past Second Louie. (Tho' I should at least try and reach my previous rank of CPT).

I will mainly post in Books (I read a lot) but will do and occasional AAR.  Next one will be a large FPW campaign with 7 tables that we will do in late October.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

That's going to be a campaign worth looking out for make sure you post pictures.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

nikharwood

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 02 September 2014, 08:19:03 AM
That's going to be a campaign worth looking out for make sure you post pictures.

Absolutely  8)

Leman

Currently reading the blog of the Gelderland Campaign, an imagi-nation campaign which uses Maurice and is set in the period of the Seven Years War. It is a very amusing read, eg the battle which took place so an army could replenish its supply of undies to stop the chafing of its hessian trousers, and the battle of Fuchhol. The background information about the various states involved is hilarious.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Just read the first post, superb! Thanks

howayman

Just getting into "A Soldier with the Arabs" by John Bagot Glubb. He was the commander of the Arab Legion during 1948. Interesting inside views so far.

nikharwood

Quote from: mad lemmey on 02 September 2014, 11:46:13 AM
Just read the first post, superb! Thanks

It's definitely worth reading - absolute quality  8)

(thanks, DP, for the heads-up)  :)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Read them all this afternoon as my daughter got her pre-new-school haircut.
The hairdressers must have thought me mad as I sat in their window seat guffawing! Brilliant!