Quote from: mad lemmey on 09 August 2014, 10:21:23 AM
By the way, which one is Pink?

Have a cigar (for the quote, Will.)
You're gonna go far.  ;)
Cheers - Phil

Chad

Didn't know Mole spoke Latin in 'Wind in the Willows'!  :D

Ithoriel

My first professional post was as a school librarian. I was chatting to a teacher of one of the remedial classes and she commented that her class had arrived for class that morning repeatedly singing a line from Pink Floyd's "The Wall." The line in question being,"We don't need no education." In her view the class then spent 45 minutes proving how wrong they'd been :D
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Techno on 09 August 2014, 11:21:10 AM
Have a cigar (for the quote, Will.)
You're gonna go far.  ;)
Cheers - Phil

Glad someone got the quote!  #:-S =O
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

kipt

Just finished "Napoleon's German Division in Spain, Volume II: The Germans in Catalonia 1808-1813", by Digby Smith.

It felt disjointed to me because the author follows a unit through a campaign and then follows another through the same period.  This makes the text repetitive to a certain extent, but is necessary.  Lots of small actions are mentioned which would make good small scenarios.

Malbork

QuoteBritannia, Part I: The Wall

It will be interesting to see if the rest of the proposed series is also inspired by Pink Floyd albums. I think they did a live one in Pompeii back int he '70s so there's definitely potential.

QuoteRobyn Young
Crikey!! I read one of hers a few years ago and found it to be absolute tosh - also set in the Crusades, with apprentice Templar knights telling the Grand Master where to get off and the love interest finally paying her own way to Jerusalem by boat like some gap-year student.  Plenty of deatil but just didn't hang together; have avoided her stuff ever since, despite being tempted by the covers :o

Techno

Quote from: Malbork on 11 August 2014, 03:45:05 PM
It will be interesting to see if the rest of the proposed series is also inspired by Pink Floyd albums. I think they did a live one in Pompeii back int he '70s so there's definitely potential.

The Final Cut ?  :D

I've run out of 'Roman' books to listen to at the mo'.....So back to the 'thrillers'.
Alex Gray's " A pound of flesh" at the moment.

A little different.....A serial killer targets street walkers in Glasgow.....And someone else is targeting the serial killer.....Only she keeps getting it wrong and is becoming a 'serial killer' herself.

Cheers - Phil

Leman

Thankfully nobody targeted me when I was walking through the streets of Glasgow.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

In this particular story... To be at risk....You'd either have to be a streetwalker, or any man driving around in a white Mercedes who picks one up,  DP  ;) ;D
Cheers - Phil

Fenton

Started to re read Les Carlyon ..The Great War
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

kipt

Finished "Collision of Empires, The War on the Eastern Front" by Prit Buttar.

Austro Hungarians, Russians, Germans and Serbs.  Good operational history.  Many first person anecdotes and very well written.

kipt

Finished "the Siege of Paris" by Robert Baldick (1964).  Not much military, but the experiences inside Paris week by week.  I have been reading as much FPW as I can get, putting aside my Napoleonic, ACW and WWI books.  I have "The Siege of Strasborg" to be read and have "to the Last Gaiter Button" on order.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Don't forget Ascoli's 'A Day of Battle', not as well written or detailed as some, but a cracking read.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Grenadiers: The Story of Waffen SS General Kurt Panzer Meyer by Kurt Meyer.

So far a cracking read, with lots ideas already generated for future games, and I'm only at the battle for Kharkov!