What are you currently reading ?

Started by goat major, 03 November 2012, 06:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

Quote from: marie on 27 May 2014, 12:12:48 AM
Malaria cures..... ;D

So do salt, woodsmoke, and sunshine. All good for bringing home the bacon.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Hertsblue

Didn't he write all Shakespeare's plays?
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

FierceKitty

No, the consensus of desperate Ph. D. candidates is that Shakespeare's plays were written by somebody else with the same name.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno

Just finished listening to "Raising Steam" by TP.
About to start "Vespasian....Rome's Executioner", by Robert Fabbri.
I'm going to really miss the library van when it stops visiting in a few months ! :'( :'( :'(
Cheers - Phil

Fenton

Raising Steam is the first TP book I havent bought, got it from the library and it was okish

Does your local library not have the overdrive or oneclick digital system that allows you to download audiobooks to your computer?

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Matt J

'The Fall of Carthage' Adrian Goldsworthy

so far good overview of the Punic wars
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Fenton on 03 June 2014, 11:34:48 AM
Raising Steam is the first TP book I havent bought, got it from the library and it was okish

Does your local library not have the overdrive or oneclick digital system that allows you to download audiobooks to your computer?

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Whoops - finger troubles. Meant to say - asking Phil to do something technical......

Got my copy of Raising Steam for free on my Kindle.

ianS  :D
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

I thought Raising Steam was only OK-ish too, Steve.
Not all that keen on the chap that was reading it, though.....
In some passages it sounds as though he's reading the words one.....at......a.....time, which is slightly irritating.

There is a download system at the library (which I see you've already spotted.... ;))......When I get the new PC.....and a new pair of speakers...(I blew the last ones up after fixing a new jack-plug onto a damaged lead*. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[).....I'll probably give that a go.

* I was ashamed at doing that.....Sort of little soldering job that I can normally do with my eyes shut..... :-\.....Perhaps that was the problem.

Cheers - Phil

Leman

Armies of Bismark's Wars by Bruce Bassett Powell. It's a pretty good and very readable account of the development and structure of the Prussian army from 1815 to 1867 with an extensive section on the appearance and armament of the army in the 1860s.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

cameronian

Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

And it's only £9 something on kindle. I have the original which only does shades of grey, but I also have the free kindle app on my laptop so I get the screen size figure illustrations in colour there.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

cameronian

Sorry has to be paper or I can't read it in the bath!
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

Ithoriel

Quote from: cameronian on 04 June 2014, 11:09:42 AM
Sorry has to be paper or I can't read it in the bath!

Yeah, I can buy a whole heap of second-hand paperbacks for the cost of a tablet and if I drop one in the bath I wind up with a collection of pages I can still read.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data