What are you currently reading ?

Started by goat major, 03 November 2012, 06:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

hammurabi70

Quote from: mad lemmey on 10 July 2020, 06:57:36 PM
Hoping to read the new Miniature Wargames, ive got an article about my love for 10mm and Pendraken in it, but my local Smiths is out of stock!!!

Which number would that be?

Scorpio_Rocks

It just struck me (slow I know...):
Surely the answer to "What are you currently reading?" has to be "This forum." (unless you are an Apache gunship pilot able to read 2 things at once with either eye!)
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

Orcs

Quote from: Scorpio_Rocks on 12 July 2020, 01:44:01 AM
It just struck me (slow I know...):
Surely the answer to "What are you currently reading?" has to be "This forum." (unless you are an Apache gunship pilot able to read 2 things at once with either eye!)

I think somebody's coat needs a chewing!

NOBBY!!!!!
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Steve J

Barbarian answered in a similar vein way back in 2012 :D!

Scorpio_Rocks

Quote from: Steve J on 12 July 2020, 07:12:27 AM
Barbarian answered in a similar vein way back in 2012 :D!

Ooops. sorry! I did say I was slow.  :-[
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

DaveH

Sun Tzu - The Art of War - Samuel B. Griffith translation.

Raider4

Quote from: DaveH on 12 July 2020, 05:57:54 PM
Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Spoiler - The plot is all over the place, and there's next to no character development.

mollinary

Quote from: Raider4 on 12 July 2020, 06:31:16 PM
Spoiler - The plot is all over the place, and there's next to no character development.

Oh, and the smart a.se who sits in his office all day writing and never has to make a decision in three seconds flat while under fire and up to his ears in sh.t is always right!   Speaking as one who spent his career sitting in an office all day writing etc etc etc!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Steve J

Airfix magazines volumes 11 & 12 that i picked up off ebay today. A real trip down memory lane as these were the mags my Dad had and that I used to read over and over again :).

FierceKitty

Quote from: Raider4 on 12 July 2020, 06:31:16 PM

But that wonderful scene when Ping Zhun leaves Red Flower Woman ("Frankly me give not dam', esteemed wife") - classic image.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno

I listened to 'Micah Clark' by that nice Sir Arthur Conan Doyle last week.

I got terribly confused, to start with 'cos it kept referring to the ECW war......and mentioning in the next breath that Oliver Cromwell wasn't 'in it'.....So I've now learned something about the Monmouth rebellion.

I really enjoyed it......(The recording must have been YEARS old, as Patrick Troughton had one of the leading roles.)

Cheers - Phil

kipt

Finished Vol 84, No. 1 of "The Journal of Military History".

Articles this issue include

The Battle of the Gates of Trajan, 986: A Reassessment
The Impact of Clausewitz's Early Life on his Theories and Politics
"A New and Deadly Game": British Sporting Culture in the First World War
The Survival of Auftragstaktik during the Soviet Counterattack in the Battle for Moscow, December 1941 to January 1942
Advantage Japan: The Imperial Japanese Navy's Superior High Seas Refueling Capability

And, as always, pages of book reviews.  These often lead me to buy a book that looks interesting.

I heard Micha Clerk as well. I suspect some of the history would be innacurate. Still a good drama though
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021