Napoleonic French Peninsula

Started by Dragoon, 15 May 2010, 11:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

Are any french infantry in Greatcoats?
It seems that the stylish Frenchman about Vimiero was wearing one in 1808.

Regards
Mike
Regards

Mike L

Leon

Not at the moment, it'll be something that gets done with the new Napoleonic range.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

17-21l

What! - theres going to be a new Napoleonic range!

Any idea of when it will hit the shelves and what it will consist of?

ok ok ok
;) ;) ;)
God Save the Queen
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Aart Brouwer

What, a whole new Napoleonic range? Whoah!

Leon! When will it be ready, what will it cost, what will be the periods, the poses, the types of soldiers?

Heheh.  ;D

P.S. Yo 17-21l, you think we should keep this up until the very day the new range comes out?...  :P
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

17-21l

Aart Mate!! - highlanders, Cossacks, Rifles, Lancers, Generals, Highland LI, Spanish Grenadiers, Russian militia, Deaths head Hussars!!! -

Cor blimey - Ive got a bit of a swet on!!

;)

No but seriously whats on the agenda? they must have some sort of clue--- eeeeee its like waiting for Christmas :P

God Save the Queen
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Well, I've checked...  and there isn't any way to ban you two from Napoleonic specific discussions!   :P

We're starting with Wagram, so French and Austrian's, then onto the British after that.

kustenjaeger

Greetings

Presumably/hopefully if you're starting with Wagram it'll also include some Bavarians, Wurttembergers etc ...?  :)

I'll have to re-read vols I-II and start reading vol III of Gill's Thunder on the Danube.

Regards

Edward

Leon

I think the ones I've got on the list are Bavarians, Saxons, Baden, and Hesse-Darmstade troops?  I'll have to check though, because we've been checking into uniform differences between them to see if they require different sculpts.

kustenjaeger

Greetings

I should know this but think that the Wurttembergers were detached before Wagram - they were certainly present and active earlier in the campaign e.g. Ebensburg.  Doing the 1809 campaign as opposed to battle makes sense as while a lot of people might hesitate to refight Wagram the smaller battles are idea.

Regards

Edward

Aart Brouwer

Quote from: kustenjaeger on 19 May 2010, 04:12:35 PM
Doing the 1809 campaign as opposed to battle makes sense as while a lot of people might hesitate to refight Wagram the smaller battles are ideal.

Exactly my sentiment, Edward. Similarly, in the 1806 Prussian campaign the smaller engagements are very interesting and Saalfeld, Schleiz, etcetera are much more 'playable' than Jena and Auerstädt.

Cheers,
Aart
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

Dragoon

On the Age of Eagles Yahoo Group there is a lot of interest in the Peninsula.

Yahoo! site with link to group.. http://ageofeagles.com/default.htm

New site: http://ageofeagles.grouply.com

Lots of advice and discussion for using 6mm and 10mm for rules.

Historical Questions answered.

Regards

Mike L