Pics from Skelp!

Started by Leon, 22 October 2012, 02:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

22 October 2012, 02:35:09 AM Last Edit: 22 October 2012, 04:55:34 PM by Leon
This past Saturday we were up at the Skelp show, one of the longest journey's in the diary, but always a great day out.  We made the long drive up on Friday afternoon, and met up with Colonel Bill's Stuart and his mate Ivor (?   :-[ ) for a bite to eat in Dundee on the evening.  Saturday morning we were in the van again shortly after 7am, and finished off the remaining 15 miles up to Forfar.  The hall was already open, and we got ourselves unloaded and set up quickly, and were ready to go shortly after 9am.

This is one of those shows where you're never rushed off your feet, but business ticks over nicely, and the hall has a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere to it.  It's a chance to catch up with familiar faces, have a chat, and enjoy looking at some well presented games.  Numbers through the door were a little over 100 overall, which was good, and by the end of the day we'd had our best year up here to date.  A quick word has to be said about the kitchen as well, which is run by the club members, and turns out some cracking food at bargain prices.  Â£1.40 for a cheeseburger?!  Sold.

Overall, another great year up in Skelp, and well worth the long drive.   :-bd

Next up is Fiasco in Leeds, and then the Crisis show over in Antwerp!  It's too late for pre-orders for the Leeds show, but if you'd like anything bringing over to Antwerp, please let us know asap.   8)

So, on to the games!

RAF Leuchars:

A Viking Raid - The Iron Brigade:

Medievals:

Korea - SESWC:

Dark Ages?:

Doctor Who - Falkirk and District Wargames Club:

Inverness:

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Great pics again Leon.

Who won the "Chipping the air-flow golf ball into a spaceship competition ?" ;)
Impressive shot !!
Cheers - Phil.

Steve J

Some nice looking games there and as always thanks for the pics :).

Derek H

Can I please use the pics of the SESWC game on the club website.  I'll credit the photos and link to the Pendraken website.

Hertsblue

Good pics again, Leon. You're getting a handle on this photography lark. Heartening to see a majority of historical games too - although I admire the Dr Who spaceship. What I really do covet is the viking longship....  =P~ @-)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

General Bt Sherman

Wargame or Die!

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

Leon

Quote from: Derek H on 22 October 2012, 09:07:22 AM
Can I please use the pics of the SESWC game on the club website.  I'll credit the photos and link to the Pendraken website.

Yeah, no bother at all, I think it won 'Best Game' didn't it?  Let me know if you can pull the pics from here, or if you'd prefer them emailing through.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Derek H

Thanks.  Can pull from here.

MR T

As well as Leon's photography skills, he seems to be a good salesman as well ;)

Leon

Quote from: MR T on 22 October 2012, 06:23:13 PM
As well as Leon's photography skills, he seems to be a good salesman as well ;)

I do my best...  ;)

Out of interest, what did I manage to sell you then?!   :D

MR T

New Vietnam M48's.  Which is now a new period, so another order will be required, shortly. I was only going to get some bases and add to my ACW  :o

Leon

Quote from: MR T on 22 October 2012, 08:40:02 PM
New Vietnam M48's.  Which is now a new period, so another order will be required, shortly. I was only going to get some bases and add to my ACW  :o

Ah yes, I remember now!  Hehe...  :D

Captain Black

Leon.Thanks for the pictures and the report on the show.I must say the Falkirk lads had a great day out ;)