Pics from Fiasco!

Started by Leon, 30 October 2012, 04:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

30 October 2012, 04:17:12 AM Last Edit: 07 November 2012, 04:40:48 AM by Leon
This past Sunday saw us bundling ourselves into the van (after our extra hour in bed!) and heading off on the short journey down to the Fiasco show in Leeds.  This one is held in a large hall in part of the Royal Armouries complex, and hosted 40 traders and a great handful of games.

The show itself started off well, with a steady stream of people coming into the hall, but numbers never seem to hit a 'busy' point.  Things continued steadily through until around midday, and then things seemed to tail off.  It was a similar tale last year as well, so it'd be interesting to hear some opinions from the visitors, and their experience of the day.

As always though, it's great to get out on the road and meet some familiar faces, and the guys at the Leeds club do a fantastic job of putting this show on, so it's always worth a visit.  And with the added bonus of the Armouries next door, you can even keep the rest of the family entertained while you browse through the shiny goodies...!   :D

So, on to the games!

Headingley Games Club - Wings of War:

Wakefield and Ossett Wargames:

Kallistra - Hastings 1066:

York Wargames Society:

Barnsley Wargames Society - Long Road North:

Curtey's - WWII:

Ilkley Lads - Ancients:

Bramley Barn - Afghanistan:

Legion of Blokes - Vimeiro (6mm):

Leeds Wargames Club:

We've now got only 4 shows remaining on the calendar, and this coming weekend sees us making the longest trip of the year, as we head over the Crisis show in Antwerp!  It's always nice to meet up with some of European customers, so we hope to see you there!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Cracking shots as usual Leon.
Some very impressive looking games going on.
I particularly like the Barnsley Wargames Soc's table....Looks superb.
Cheers - Phil.

Nosher

Do my eyes decieve me or is that Axis and Allies boardgame on a grander scale???
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

nikharwood

Some cracking-looking games there  8)

Hertsblue

Impressive standard of games. Hastings was 10mm, I assume?
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

General Bt Sherman

Wargame or Die!

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

Leon

Quote from: Hertsblue on 30 October 2012, 09:18:07 AM
Impressive standard of games. Hastings was 10mm, I assume?

Yep, Kallistra figures.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

TheOlivant

Great pics thanks, didnt make it this year so really appreciate them :o) ta

Hertsblue

www.rulesdepot.net

goat major

My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

Hertsblue

Would it be hyper-critical to point out that the Wings of War game is an object lesson on how not to run a demo game? Odds and sods all over the table.

www.rulesdepot.net

FierceKitty

Why do some dark ages gamers not do their research? Green and blue dyes are hard to make with European vegetable pigments; one usually had to settle for a watered-down violet. And that's for those who could afford to worry about such things. Rich blues and greens are part of our mental picture of the period because when painting got going it celebrated those who had the cash for luxuries. There's a reason why French kings adopted luscious blue as the royal colour.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Probably two reasons:
1 Not many people know that in our technicoloured modern age.
b Blue and green always look cool!
I would also like to see more yellow as madder was fairly commonly available-but just looks odd to our modern eye.
to be honest, The Old Monty Python line 'How can you tell he's royalty?' 'He's not covered in sh*t!' springs to mind!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

ronan

Quote from: Nosher on 30 October 2012, 08:28:38 AM
Do my eyes decieve me or is that Axis and Allies boardgame on a grander scale???

That's what I thought when I saw this photo. I'd like to learn more about it...

sultanbev

It was a good show, although no micro-armour for sale as usual these days.

Actually played a game, Wakefield & Osset's WW2 in 45 minutes, or in my case, let's roll 5 ones on D6s in rapid successinon to ensure the demise of Germany in mid 1944  :'(

Didn't get time to go the museum. Oh, and picked up a 10mm Pendraken painting order  ;)

Mark