Seperate heads

Started by toolsey, 11 March 2010, 07:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toolsey

Hello,
I would like to request packs of seperate heads for the 20th Century ranges like Peter Pig does, one such figure which comes to mind is the WW1 adv Highlander in tam o shanter, he could be given a steel helmet or pith helmet or even a Boer war one, you could convert all sorts of figures with packs of heads, create a variety of different figures.

Also please consider making a Italian Lancia AC.
Thanks

Leon

I've added the Lancia to the list.  We wouldn't be looking to do separate heads for our figures, it would be quite difficult in this scale.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

toolsey

Thanks for the Lancia Leon,

The Seperate heads request i know would be difficult but it is really just a dream of mine.
I also would like to request an Indian pattern carrier and would love some African askaris in fezs no neck flaps, in shorts for generic troops.
Cheers
Toolsey

Leon

I'll pop those bits on the list as well.  Maybe someone needs to create a 'swop shop' for heads off old figures!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Luddite

Separate heads on 10mm figs...   :o :o :o ??? :o

I don't even like them on 28mm!  Hehe...

:D
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

lentulus

I have done head swaps but my gosh it is fiddly

randynovotny

Quote from: toolsey on 11 March 2010, 07:44:12 PM
Hello,
I would like to request packs of seperate heads for the 20th Century ranges like Peter Pig does, one such figure which comes to mind is the WW1 adv Highlander in tam o shanter, he could be given a steel helmet or pith helmet or even a Boer war one, you could convert all sorts of figures with packs of heads, create a variety of different figures.

Also please consider making a Italian Lancia AC.
Thanks

I did a regiment of Nassauers  in 15mm by the old Heritage Napoleonettes,swapping heads from French voltigeurs wearing busbies for the grenadiers so I know it is hard to do with 15s, so it would probably be prohibitively difficult in 10s.

toolsey

Hello yes i know seperate heads are all but impossible but needs must unless Pendraken ride to the rescue with suitable figures , in front of me now i have a set of micro twist drills and i am trying to drill into a head so i can pin it on to a figure, i want to put heads from zulu war British onto first set of early WW1 Germans  to make a Seebatallion unit, i think it will drive me insane,  but it would be great if Pendraken could make those with  some Schutztruppe figures, trouble is German slouch hats have turned up brim on opposite side to Allied hats

Have you seen this site  http://www.germancolonialuniforms.co.uk/, for ideas.

I blame Pendraken, i have been collecting figures since the late sixties, lost interest for a few years and then bought a Pendraken Northwest frontier pack at a Leeds show now i am addicted to 10mm Pendraken and all sorts of obscure campaigns seem possible.

Jim Ando

I would go and lie down If I were you. :P

Leon

Quote from: toolsey on 15 March 2010, 08:29:10 PM
trouble is German slouch hats have turned up brim on opposite side to Allied hats

Make them walk backwards?!

:D

clibinarium

16 March 2010, 10:53:29 PM #10 Last Edit: 16 March 2010, 11:00:12 PM by clibinarium
As someone who has changed the heads (and sometimes just the hats) on scores and scores of 10m figures, I wouldn't recommend doing it unless you're very patient and able to handle very fiddily things. Expect to puncture your fingers with drill bits a lot at the start!

huascar

Quote from: toolsey on 15 March 2010, 08:29:10 PM

Hello yes i know seperate heads are all but impossible but needs must unless Pendraken ride to the rescue with suitable figures , in front of me now i have a set of micro twist drills and i am trying to drill into a head so i can pin it on to a figure, i want to put heads from zulu war British onto first set of early WW1 Germans  to make a Seebatallion unit, i think it will drive me insane,  but it would be great if Pendraken could make those with  some Schutztruppe figures, trouble is German slouch hats have turned up brim on opposite side to Allied hats

Have you seen Pendraken's German Colonial Infantry (WWI - ME15) as they are Seebatallion type figures with 'Pith' helments. I ordered them for WWI East Africa - assuming they would be Schutzruppe style figures, but now I am thinking about using them instead with some saliors (GEA4) for the seige of Siege of Tsingtao. For Schutztruppe I am going to try some Boer figures (although I have not checked which side of their slouch hats is turned up!).

Peter W
Peter W

Last Hussar

Seperate heads in 10mm- are you mad!!? :o :o  I'd have to field a zombie army after losing them.

Closest I've done is cut an officer in half to sit in the hatch of a PzIII
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

17-21l

:) Ive done a couple of head changes in the past- for command figures when a pack doesnt provide command etc.. and they look cool enough- but as for changing vast amounts  - no Ta -  ;)
God Save the Queen
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!