New Blog, Just for 10mm

Started by Blaxkleric, 20 October 2012, 02:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaxkleric

Pension meddling government and health permitting, I've got ten years to go before I retire... and plan to then spend far more of my time actually Wargaming, as opposed to now when all I seem to do is paint a few models, move on to another period, paint a few models etc  :-[  Ideally I'd therefore like to have enough armies for ten of my favourite periods in ten years time, and I like the sheer scale possible when using 10mm. As you can see there's a 'ten' theme running here.

Rather than just dabble with this on my usual blog, I thought a bit of a motivator might be to do another, just looking at 10mm wargaming, and predominantly using my favourite 10mm manufacturer  ;) Thus "Ten Years and Counting Down" has been born. Just the first post for now, Royalist King's Lifeguard Pikemen for "Pike & Shotte" but its a start... plus I'm just tyring to link in with my favourite blogs etc.

Very grateful if you could have a look  :)

Blaxkleric
http://tenyearsandcountingdown.blogspot.co.uk/
http://fantorical.blogspot.co.uk/   

General Bt Sherman

Yea, I was on a ten year plan. I wanted to have all my painting done before I turned 40. After that I wanted to focus 100% on gamming and take up another hobby like reenacting. Now, I’m five years in and I think I will be painting for at least another 15 years. I’m looking forward to following your progress.
Bryan
Wargame or Die!

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

seano1815

Love the ECW  too Blaxkleric they look great, look forward to seeing the project grow
all the best
Sean

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Looking good (with 1 year to my 40th)...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Blaxkleric

I dare say I'll still paint the odd unit here and there post retirement, but the main aim will be to have enough 'painted lead' so I can actually 'have a game' whenever I fancy (and have opposing forces too so I don't even have to worry about my opponent not having an army :) ).

Like so many I started trying to 'do' the ECW with 28mm... even bought a load of second-hand pre-painted to get me going, but they're in a large box in the loft and doubtless will never see the light of day again  :-[

I have a few unpainted Pendraken armies ready for the paintbrush so I'm hoping... once Reading is over, it'll be quite a cheap end to the year  ;)

Thanks for looking and all your kind words,

Blaxkleric  

Techno

Looks great !
Excellent ECW.
Cheers - Phil

Hertsblue

My 15mm ECWs fought at the first Salute, in nineteen hundred and frozen to death. Great painting, there, Blax.  8)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

capthugeca

I applaud your resolve.

I've got about 13 year to go (though retirement age keeps getting later) and I too have been looking forward to that time to really get my teeth into a lot more wargaming.

I willfollow yourblog with interest.
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Malbork

Great idea, being in a similar position I shall follow developments with graet interest, whiel tryign to emulate them  ;)

Blaxkleric

Well first week down, and some progress on the 10mm ECW Musketeers  :)
As you'll see though things are already starting to slow thanks to 28mm distractions...   :-\
Plus I keep visiting the store's 1809 Napoleonics with a view to some Reading purchases...  ;)

Blaxkleric

Week Two update, and my English Civil War are getting there slowly but surely  :)

Unfortunately, I'm being distracted by some 30mm "Dust Tactics" models I've finally got the decals I ordered for...  :-[

And the fact I'm repeatedly re-watching the DVDs "Waterloo" and "The Waterloo Collection: Ligny and Quatre Bras" isn't helping either  :-\

Got that 1809 Austrian and French Napoleonic order ready for Warfare yet Leon?  ;D

Leon

Quote from: Blaxkleric on 03 November 2012, 06:24:47 PM
Got that 1809 Austrian and French Napoleonic order ready for Warfare yet Leon?  ;D

Not even started on it yet!  It'll be ready for the show though!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Blaxkleric

Small update on the 10mm blog today, as its just a couple of WIP of my Pendarken Lifeguard Cuirassiers.  :-\
I'm trying to base up my first wing of King's Lifeguard Musketeers for some decent photos.  :-w
Plus I've gone Axis Zombie mad on my 28mm blog.  :-&
Need to get as much painted as possible this week before Reading and the arrival of my Pendraken French and Austrians.  =)

Blaxkleric

I've finally finished basing my first wing of King’s Lifeguard Musketeers.  :)

Hertsblue

Very nice, Blax. I like the mix of figure types.  8)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net