Start of the ECW Cav revamp

Started by Leon, 16 October 2012, 03:57:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Not much to show yet, but thought I'd pop a quick pic up of the first couple of new ECW cavalry revamps that came through this month.  There'll be a whole load more next month, aand then we can work out some estimates on when these will be ready for release.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mollinary

Lovely figures!  But, is it just me, or does the one in Burgonet look very, very similar  to YW3???

:-\

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Nosher

Nice... :)

will the infantry get a similar revamp?
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Malbork

Good question Nosher.

I need some more recruits to bulk out my forces. Have already decided to wait for the new horses, so could also try to be patient of the foot are being redone.....

Rothgar68

General Bt Sherman

Wargame or Die!

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

Rothgar68

*cough* multipleposesineachrange! *cough*

vladgothic

And here was me thinking about doing ECW at some point in the near future  ;D

Leon

Quote from: mollinary on 16 October 2012, 07:12:23 AM
But, is it just me, or does the one in Burgonet look very, very similar  to YW3???

I suppose he does now you mention it!

Quote from: Nosher on 16 October 2012, 08:07:20 AM
will the infantry get a similar revamp?

We might look at doing a couple of extra poses, but not a full revamp, and maybe an open-hand version of the pikemen?

Quote from: Rothgar68 on 16 October 2012, 04:11:40 PM
*cough* multipleposesineachrange! *cough*

*cough* we are.... *cough*

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fred.

These look good.

Why do the horses have the peg down the middle, like an extra leg? Is this for aiding casting, because not all do?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leon

Quote from: fred  12df on 16 October 2012, 05:54:45 PM
Why do the horses have the peg down the middle, like an extra leg? Is this for aiding casting, because not all do?

It's a feed to help the casting, with the horse belly being a big expanse of metal, it can be tricky to get the metal to flow up the legs, and then around to fill that space.  The peg in the middle allows the metal to flow directly into the gap, meaning less miscasts.

8)

Coracero

Nice ECW revamps, I wonder if TYW could get the same treatment?... although I would conform with musketeers loading and advancing.  :-\

FierceKitty

Teasing that peg out before undercoating is one of the more irritating jobs in this hobby. I know it's necessary; just whinging.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Bernie

Hi

Any new poses would be good as I had to buy a few packs of minifigs cav to give a bit of variety to the cavalry