Show: Warfare, Reading

Started by Leon, 11 October 2012, 06:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: sulphur on 18 November 2012, 09:43:09 PM
Hi had a great day at the show on Sat, and would like to thank the Pendraken team for their great service, and especially a big thank you to Stephen for playing a great dungeon game with my two youngest towards the end of the day.They are only 5yrs and 4yrs old but were so immersed in the game and did quite well in managing those monsters that I had to buy a set. Going to be busy painting for a couple of months with all the other ww11 stuff I also bought. Thanks again guys all the best Kevin.

Damn! Doubly gutted we didn't make it, but with me working Saturdays now and over half the family down sick it just wasn't possible!!!  :'( :'( :'(
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Leon

We had an enjoyable weekend, good to see the Forum folks out in force at this one, and I must extend a huge thanks for Sixsideddice for making the long trip over from Ireland to put on our Dungeon demo game.  He must be one of the most enthusiastic and friendly people I've ever met, and everyone who had a game seemed to really enjoy themselves.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

sixsideddice

Thanks guys, I had a wonderful time over at Reading.... I’m really glad we travelled from Ireland to attend the show (and Hils really enjoyed herself a Warfare AND availing herself of the myriad of clothes shops in the city ;) It was a real pleasure to put on a bit of a Dungeon World show throughout the Saturday and Sunday for the public to watch or take part in, and I’m delighted people enjoyed it as much as I did.... by now, everyone will no doubt have gathered I can talk the back end off the donkey without little encouragement needed hehe.
We’re both still in England (visiting family in Felixstowe) but will be flying back late tonight; so I’ll soon be able to post a whole bunch of photos both Hils and I took at Warfare.

Six  :)

Steve J

Glad you had a great time and look forward to the pics :).

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Hertsblue

When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

Quote from: Hertsblue on 28 November 2012, 11:22:03 AM
Are you doing books now?

We take them to the shows for our friend Cliff, who's the second guy in the pics above.  We've thought about selling online, but there's so little markup and such high postage costs involved, it's not really worth it.

sulphur

The last pic has my two little ones playing the game with six who was brilliant with them, thanks again. I have now sprayed the dungeon so its nearly the same colour as six's and have started on the monster characters. Its finding the time to get it all done, just not enough time in the day really cheers all kev.

Blaxkleric

Quote from: Leon on 28 November 2012, 04:33:24 PM
We take them to the shows for our friend Cliff, who's the second guy in the pics above.

Ruddy chap cost me a fortune last Colours... I went to pay for a simple book on WW2 tanks. "Oh, you're interested in WW2 armour are you?" He says... "Have a look at all these fantastic books on Tank battles, like Operation Citadel..." I staggered away from the cash desk in the end arms straining under the weight of books he 'forced' me to buy...  :'(

sixsideddice

QuoteThe last pic has my two little ones playing the game with six who was brilliant with them, thanks again. I have now sprayed the dungeon so its nearly the same colour as six's and have started on the monster characters. Its finding the time to get it all done, just not enough time in the day really cheers all kev.

Cheers Kev; your two wee ones were enchantingly wise, and a pleasure to see them enjoying things so much... you must be so proud of them. They remind me of my two girls when they were that age (both grown and at college now... gosh how time flies).

Glad you all had a great time at the show, I know I did.

Great news about your dungeon; looking forward to seeing the photos of it all.... the heroes & bad guys as well. Keep up the cool work ;-)

Six (Steve)

sulphur

Cheers six, three more monsters painted last night Im taking my time as I want them to look good and not a rushed job. Ill have photos when all done thanks again Kev.