Rome total war 2

Started by Nav, 26 September 2012, 05:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonY

Best looking MMO for sure is Black Desert Online the only downside is that the population is 90% female all looking like 20 somethings and all stunningly beautiful, go figure, its Nik's idea of heaven. The real downside for me is that theres no dungeons so no chance of luvverly epic boss loot dropping.

Ithoriel

Black Desert is indeed huge, sprawling and beautiful but it's not so much an MMO (other players are like slightly quirky NPCs) or an RPG (as said, where are the dungeons? :) ) as a chance to play Civ or Railroad Tycoon as a character not a player :)

I'm always heavily involved in crafting in RPGs/ MMOs but when I realised I was not so much Conan the Barbarian as Conan the Carrot Farmer I dropped it and went over to ESO!

I came to Black Desert from TERA so ESO is a breath of fresh air in that female armour actually covers the bits armour ought to protect rather than looking like an advert for Victoria's Secret. Whether people consider that a plus or a minus I leave to them.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

GordonY

Currently its Elite Dangerous thats eating all my time, I need to make 5,000,000,000 credits by sometime in June, since I never learned to mine (Asteroids) and combat is way too slow (Bounties) and trading goods makes way too little profit that only leaves being a dirty little space trucker (think Hermes delivery driver). All games eventually get reduced to time sinks (apart from tabletop games, the effort that you put un is dependant on you, paint each mini with loving care and research, or base them then spray ine side Khaki and the other side Grey and just have at it, YMMV)

Gordon