Started by Leon, 12 September 2012, 12:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikharwood

Nice pics mate - looks like a great show again

I'll lend you my German Shepherd next year if you like  :d

Leon

Quote from: nikharwood on 12 September 2012, 11:44:58 PM
I'll lend you my German Shepherd next year if you like  :d

I think we might need more staff at some of the busier shows, I was already thinking about it for Salute next year.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

Quote from: nikharwood on 12 September 2012, 11:44:58 PM

I'll lend you my German Shepherd next year if you like.
Lovely dogs, those. The canine equivalent of a Siamese cat.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

nikharwood

Quote from: FierceKitty on 13 September 2012, 12:31:48 AM
Lovely dogs, those. The canine equivalent of a Siamese cat.

Agreed completely FK - ours is beautiful (Yasmin) - we lost our older one (Tess) early last year & she's still very sorely missed. Her replacement in the ranks (Boltz) is a lovely (chocolate) Labrador / Springer cross that was rescued: superb hunting dog but as mad as a box of frogs  :D

I anticipate another German Shepherd joining us in the near future  :)

Nosher

Quote from: Leon on 12 September 2012, 11:47:30 PM
I think we might need more staff at some of the busier shows, I was already thinking about it for Salute next year.

What about volunteers?

I will happily be your 'stand pitbull' if kept in alcohol and scooby snacks ;D
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Leon

Quote from: Nosher on 13 September 2012, 08:25:39 AM
What about volunteers?

:D

I'll put the call out closer to Salute I think, and see if anyone fancies coming along.  It's mainly for the first few hours when it's completely manic.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

GordonY

Well I'm sure me and Mexican Dave can bear hanging around the Pendraken stand at Skelp for an hour or three.  :P

Probably not both at once though.

Leon

Quote from: GordonY on 13 September 2012, 06:04:04 PM
Well I'm sure me and Mexican Dave can bear hanging around the Pendraken stand at Skelp for an hour or three.  :P

Probably not both at once though.

:D

fred.

Quote from: Nosher on 13 September 2012, 08:25:39 AM

This might cost Leon more then nicked paints  :P

I quite surprised someone was able to steal so many paints - they are awkward things to carry at the best of times, certainly sounds like a bit of planning to be able to drop them in to a bag or similar. Bastards.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leon

Quote from: fred  12df on 13 September 2012, 08:48:02 PM
I quite surprised someone was able to steal so many paints - they are awkward things to carry at the best of times, certainly sounds like a bit of planning to be able to drop them in to a bag or similar. Bastards.

It was the 60ml Vallejo primer pots, I'd actually bought them in specifically for this show, which was even more of a kick in the teeth.  They must have just sweeped 6 of them off the shelf and done a runner.

Steve J

When we arrived at the show at around 8.15am, we could have walked around pretty much most of the stands and nicked loads of stuff if we had wanted to... :o

Leon

Quote from: Steve J on 13 September 2012, 09:23:29 PM
When we arrived at the show at around 8.15am, we could have walked around pretty much most of the stands and nicked loads of stuff if we had wanted to... :o

Yeah, we always worry about leaving the stand unattended all night.  I always laugh at the psychology of us putting sheets over everything, as if a piece of material would stop someone from pinching something!

Nosher

I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Nosher

Quote from: Leon on 13 September 2012, 09:50:36 PM
I always laugh at the psychology of us putting sheets over everything, as if a piece of material would stop someone from pinching something!

Maybe its because at night the sheets come to life and rise up like ghosts??

Frank Carson