Fall-In, Lancaster, PA, November 2012, The Cornfield, Antietam 1862

Started by General Bt Sherman, 09 September 2012, 04:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Bt Sherman

Hello all,
I wanted to let people know that I will be running a game at Fall-in using my collection of Pendraken miniatures. The scenario that I will be using is based on Hookers early morning attack on the confederate positions in and around the Cornfield during the Battle of Antietam. The game will have around 1500 figures, 50ft of rail fence, and a couple square feet of corn. Pre registration for fall-in open’s this Friday (September 14th).  Fall-in is held on November 2-4 in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA. My game has six spots and will be run on Saturday Nov 3rd. If you’re in the area, I would love to have you join my game. I will post more info once the preliminary event list is published. Please see my blog for photos of past games that I have run: http://btsherman.6sided.net/

Thanks
Bryan
Wargame or Die!

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

General Bt Sherman

Due to some technical difficulties my game has just be listed on the PEL. Here are the details.

S-333 - The Bloody Cornfield -Antietam 1862
Sat. 5:00:00 PM, 5 hrs, 6 players
GM: Bryan Olson
American Civil War 10mm, Rules: Rally Round the Flag (Modified)
The scenario that I will be using for this game was published in the December 1990 issue of Miniature Wargamers and is based on Hooker's opening attack on the Confederate position in and around the Cornfield. You don't want to miss this one.
Ages 16 and up, Rules are quick/easy to learn
Wargame or Die!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

General Bt Sherman

My troops are packed and ready to go. I will be heading down to Fall-In after work tomorrow.  I still have a few slots available for my game, so if you’re interested you can register to play when you get to the con or just stop by and say hi. Here’s a preview photo of my game.
Wargame or Die!

Leon

Excellent looking game, I hope you get some interest in the 10mm goodness!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Hertsblue

When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Rothgar68

General Bt Sherman

Quote from: Rothgar68 on 01 November 2012, 12:36:55 PM
I'll be swinging by the game to check it out.

I look forward to meeting you.

Thanks everybody for the encouragement.
Wargame or Die!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Dave Fielder

Probably plying this game right now as I type in the UK. Any live feeds?
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

General Bt Sherman

Hello everyone,
The game went very well. The overall attendance for the CON seemed to be way down probably due to Super Storm Sandy. My game had a total of five players. The Confederates conceded defeated after turn 7 (game length was 8 turns).  I received many positive comments about the quality of the game and even about the rules I was using. Rothgar68 stopped by to check out the game.  It was very nice meeting another 10mm/Pendraken nut. I’m not sure if I was able to convert anyone over to the scale, but I did get several comments about how they wished they had gone with 10’s instead of 15mm figures.

Thanks to how well this game went, I’m already thinking about what I’m going to run at Cold Wars in March. I’m 99% sure that the battle will be the first day of Gettysburg.
Wargame or Die!

mollinary

Well done Bryan!

I am sure Day one of Gettysburg is a good choice - but think of all those dismounted cavalry!   :o :o :o ;)

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

General Bt Sherman

Quote from: mollinary on 05 November 2012, 06:40:47 AM
Well done Bryan!

I am sure Day one of Gettysburg is a good choice - but think of all those dismounted cavalry!   :o :o :o ;)

Mollinary

The scenario I was looking at only had two regiments of cavalry.
Wargame or Die!