Some pics of my 2. Panzerdivision

Started by Aart Brouwer, 11 May 2010, 01:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aart Brouwer

11 May 2010, 01:42:07 PM Last Edit: 11 May 2010, 03:33:40 PM by Aart Brouwer
These are (hastily improvised) pics of my favourite 2. Panzerdivision that reflect my rough-shod painting style and my idea of scenery. Some pics have been deliberately photoshopped to capture that characteristic bleak, grainy quality of WWII colour photography. Call me a freak, I won't deny the actualiteh..

This is the 2. sweeping through Northern France and on to Dunkirk in May 1940, under the command of its founder (1936) Heinz Guderian.

Lead column of 2. Battalion advancing on Vyasma, October 1941, as part of Heeresgruppe Mitte.

Cheers,
Aart
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

jchaos79

wow!! it looks great, also love your battle table!

The column is aproaching the hot spot zone, do you have some pics in action?

Aart Brouwer

Quote from: jchaos79 on 11 May 2010, 05:22:16 PM
wow!! it looks great, also love your battle table!

Well, a huge WWII Pendraken order which I placed together with two of my friends arrived last Saturday (shipshapen as usual) and I've just ordered the lot of them to stand to attention on my painting table. Ordered them in Russian, that is. Jerry is about to meet some stiff resistance near Vyasma from my 13th Independent Tank Brigade, including a heavy tank company (KV-1's) and a detachment of 45mm M1937 anti-tank guns. God, the sun and Joseph Stalin willing, I should have the pics to prove it in about two weeks.

The battlefield cloth is, well, a battlefield cloth. Just paint and flock it, put it over a couple foam boards so you can plug in extra's like trees and telephone poles, and off you go. But you don't want me sounding off on the advantages of a canvas over all sorts of modules, it always makes me look like one of those Pendraken NKVD figures with loudspeakers 'n all...  :o

Cheers,
Aart

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

Aart Brouwer

P.S.
Although the first pic (of the column advancing in Northern France) says it all really: space. People put a lot of time and care in modular boards so they have a tendency to overload them with gadgets. A canvas is often a one-off, and since it's cheap as well you can afford to really leave open spaces. I've seen terrain boards set in the Ukraine that were full of gardens, orchards, cattle, even bocage and other stuff that didn't belong, all done probably out of some sort of horror vacui. I love to see my columns rolling down hillsides and across cornfields that look like ..

Oh shut up, Brouwer. Leon, please take away my megaphone.  ::)

Cheers,
Aart

nikharwood

Excellent stuff Aart - I couldn't agree more, sometimes less really is more...top-notch  8)

Aart Brouwer

14 May 2010, 12:13:42 PM #5 Last Edit: 14 May 2010, 12:25:13 PM by Aart Brouwer
Quote from: jchaos79 on 11 May 2010, 05:22:16 PM

Well, zere you have eet!

A certain A. Hitler of 6 Voßstraße, Berlin, has been constantly demanding 'speedy and decisive results' before the onset of winter. As a consequence our recon batallion is exhausted, we are starting to make mistakes and running into these unexpected Russian artillery barrages all the time. Verdammt annoying.

I'll keep you posted!

Cheers,
Aart