Jacobite atillery crews to cover the rebellions

Started by seano1815, 07 September 2012, 11:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seano1815

I would love to see some Jacobite artillery crews so my highlanders can get a tiny bit of support....pleeeeeeeeeeeeease think of the highlanders......who will think of the highlanders :'(

SV52

Depends on what you are talking about:

Jacobite rebellions in Scotland - Scots ECW or suitably-dressed civilians would fill the role. If you are desperate for kilted artillerymen, then the existing clansmen can be easily converted.  In the rebellions their artillery was always weak, of bad quality and poorly served.  Forget Napoleon's grand battery; more like neglected little pieces of indeterminate calibre served by those who barely knew one end from the other.

Jacobites in Ireland (Williamite wars), a different matter.

Och aye the noo  :D

"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

seano1815

Good idea sv52, I hadn't seen the scots guns in the ecw range i'll inverst in a couple see what they look like. I have guns for my ecw army so not keen on using them for the   45 rebellion, certainly don't want kilted gunners ;D. And never fear i'm well aware of the poor quality of the Jacobite guns, but a lucky dice might inflict a fatigue point on my english before the charge goes in. thanks again for your help and sugestions. Its much appeciated.
all the best
Seano

SV52

Now there I can help;

Light guns from ECW range used with a Montrose royalist army.

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

seano1815

Thanks for all your help SV52, thats just what I was looking for. You Sir are a gentleman,
I'll have to invest in a few now.
all the best
Seano

FierceKitty

Och, the puir laddies! They'll nae achieve verry much wi' those wee guns, I'm thinking.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

SV52

They used to decorate the porch at the Laird o' Balkankle's castle  ;D

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!