Pics from Border Reiver!

Started by Leon, 06 September 2012, 04:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

These have taken a little longer to get up than I planned, as my internet at home has decided to regress to 1996 levels, and it's taking 30 seconds to open each page...   :'(  Anyhoo...

The Newcastle show had changed venue this year, moving south across the river, to the Gateshead International Stadium.  The show filled up the main sports hall here, and the extra space and openness was definitely an improvement on often disjointed feel in the Arena.  As with any change of venue, there are teething problems to be ironed out, and an issue with the cafe left us without any food for the day.  This seems to have been a mistake on the venue's side, as the Border Reiver lads were expecting the food to be up and running.  

Numbers seemed strong for most of the day, and by the close of play at 3pm (the early finish at this one always catches me out!), we had enjoyed our best Border Reiver on record, so the venue change gets a big thumbs-up from us!   :-bd  Hopefully next year will have a few tweaks, with the food all sorted out, and a bit more advertising maybe.  With the catchment area involved, and the popularity of wargaming in the North-East, Border Reiver could be one of the biggest shows in the north, and this change of venue could be a big step in that direction.

So, on to the pics, and it was great to see two tables of 10mm goodness on display!
(A quick note on the colouring in some of the pics the usual sports hall lighting throws off the colour balance on some pics.)

Section 8 Gamers - WOTR:

Shot and Shell Gamers - SYW:

Star Wars:

Section 8 Gamers - Sci-Fi:

FoW:

Card Models:

Ancients:

Sci-Fi, with some excellent MDF laser cut buildings:

So, next up is the 2-day extravaganza that is the Colours show!  We hope to see some of you there, in our new spot against the back wall just inside the entrance!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Great stuff Leon !
Looks like some of the tables were under 'skylights'...so you got natural light....A lot of the others under florescent ?
Difficult for the eyes to notice, (so you can adjust the camera's settings) when there's a 'mix' of lighting I find. :-\
Still good shots tho' Matey. :-bd
Cheers - Phil.

Nosher

Great to see the Wokkies whacking an AT-ST ;)

Must dig my Star Wars 'Hordes' out of the attic... if only there were a decent set of skirmish rules that I could adapt???
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Nosher - Try No Limits by Wargames Unlimited
Science Fiction Wargames - No Limits Sci-Fi Wargames
www.wargamesunlimited.net/nolimits/index.html

I wrote a set of rebel and Imperial lists for it, great fun (based round the 25mm GDW/WEG figures)!
http://www.wargamesunlimited.net/nolimits/downloads.html
And, they're free!  :D 8)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Hertsblue

Looks like a good show. Is it my imagination or was there a preponderance of sci-fi games?  =)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

Quote from: Techno on 06 September 2012, 07:38:56 AM
Looks like some of the tables were under 'skylights'...so you got natural light....A lot of the others under florescent ?

I'm not sure if there were to be honest, but my camera was on the 'Auto' setting, so it was probably compensating more on some shots than others, dependant on the colour of the game table.

Quote from: Hertsblue on 06 September 2012, 08:54:04 AM
Looks like a good show. Is it my imagination or was there a preponderance of sci-fi games?  =)

There were quite a few.  The younger generation coming through prefer those type of games though, so if it brings people into the hobby it's a good thing I think? 

I'm looking forward to seeing the games at Colours, some of the tables on display there in recent years have been outstanding.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Good set of pics Leon - nice to see some great 10mm games  8)

Hertsblue

Quote from: Leon on 06 September 2012, 03:05:48 PM

There were quite a few.  The younger generation coming through prefer those type of games though, so if it brings people into the hobby it's a good thing I think? 

Tell me about it! Half our club won't play anything else.  :'(

www.rulesdepot.net

FierceKitty

Who wimped out with those sashimono?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

GordonY

probably the bemused looking female  ;D ;D

Poggle

Nice photos there. Thanks for sharing.  :)

Syr Hobbs

Great looking game.  I appreciate the time you put in getting those posted.

Duane

mijalo

Quote from: FierceKitty on 07 September 2012, 10:20:26 AM
Who wimped out with those sashimono?

Indeed, someone should be forced to commit seppuku in order to remove the stain of such cowardice! :D

seano1815

;DI'll let him know he has two willing volunteers to paint his sashimono, there only just over 2000, only 1000 each ;D he did try seppuku but the brush hairs made him giggle :P

Hertsblue

Quote from: seano1815 on 09 September 2012, 10:15:54 PM
he did try seppuku but the brush hairs made him giggle :P

That's daft - everyone knows it should be eaten with soy sauce.  ;)

www.rulesdepot.net