Stalingrad ruins

Started by Womble67, 05 September 2012, 10:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Quote from: Womble67 on 10 September 2012, 11:25:11 AM
The reason the workspace is extremely tidy is because it's the wife's table, mine is not a tidy.

That's much better ! ;)
Coming on a storm Andy....Top notch !! :-bd
Cheers - Phil.

Leon

Excellent work Andy, looking forward to seeing these painted up.

Quote from: barbarian on 06 September 2012, 07:09:00 PM
Someone is interested for this kind of structures made of Laser cut MDF ?  ;)

;) :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Womble67

Hi everyone
                I have now textured the bases with Polycell Textured Ceilings Course Effect and Polycell Multi Purpose Polyfilla

All comments welcome

thanks Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Looks absolutely belting Andy.
Cheers - Phil.

nikharwood

Coming along nicely Andy

My only comment would be that you can save some dosh by buying ready-mixed filler from Poundland for...um...a pound  :) Cheaper than 'proper' Polyfilla & just as good - I'd recommend mixing a touch of sand in [for more depth of texture] as well as some PVA [to help seal it & give it further protection from the rigours of gaming]

Looking good though - these will look top-notch once they're done  :)

Womble67

Hi everyone
                Ok I have now added a few more details some doors and removable roofs, I am still undecided as to whether to add more roofing material, anyway here's the pictures.

Does Pendraken do oil drums? And if so do you have a picture

Quote from: nikharwood on 13 September 2012, 12:02:20 AM
Coming along nicely Andy

My only comment would be that you can save some dosh by buying ready-mixed filler from Poundland for...um...a pound  :) Cheaper than 'proper' Polyfilla & just as good - I'd recommend mixing a touch of sand in [for more depth of texture] as well as some PVA [to help seal it & give it further protection from the rigours of gaming]

Looking good though - these will look top-notch once they're done  :)

Thanks Nick for the heads up on the Polyfilla from poundland that should saved me a few pound. :)

All comments welcome

thanks Andy
The Wargames Directory

nikharwood

You're welcome  :)

As for your roof sections - I think some crossbeams here & there, maybe some corners still on & rubble in the centre of the buildings (where they've collapsed in) would be good - otherwise everything might look too 'empty'?

seano1815

Looking great...i'll follow with interest to see how it turns out ;), thanks for posting Womble67
Sean

Womble67

Hi everyone
To be honest not much progress, work family etc has all got in the way.  Anyway I have now added more roofing material, rubble, and done a little bit of painting.  However I am hoping to finish these over the weekend fingers crossed.

Quote from: nikharwood on 14 September 2012, 10:48:18 PM
You're welcome  :)

As for your roof sections - I think some crossbeams here & there, maybe some corners still on & rubble in the centre of the buildings (where they've collapsed in) would be good - otherwise everything might look too 'empty'?

I totally agree with you about the buildings looking empty

All comments welcome

thanks Andy
The Wargames Directory

Techno

Coming along a storm Andy !!
Can't wait to see the finished product.
Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Looking great,
for internal detritus:
Mix a tub of sharp sand and fine gravel, a few spent matches and cut off flash/spures spares, pour in, drizzle with PVA, leave for 48 hours, spray & highlight...

Practise in something else first so you don't trash your work!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

nikharwood

Quote from: mad lemmey on 28 September 2012, 12:49:30 PM
Looking great,
for internal detritus:
Mix a tub of sharp sand and fine gravel, a few spent matches and cut off flash/spures spares, pour in, drizzle with PVA, leave for 48 hours, spray & highlight...

Practise in something else first so you don't trash your work!

That'd do it... :)

Womble67

05 October 2012, 11:53:38 AM #27 Last Edit: 05 October 2012, 11:56:22 AM by Womble67
Hi everyone
                okay I have now completed the Stalingrad factory ruins I may add a few more details at a later date. I hope you like them.

First factory ruin

Second factory ruin

Third factory ruin

Fourth factory ruin

All comments welcome

thanks Andy
The Wargames Directory

Techno

I think they look GREAT Andy !
Cheers - Phil.