Stalingrad ruins

Started by Womble67, 05 September 2012, 10:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Womble67

Hi everyone

I thought I would build a few ruins whilst waiting for my latest World War Two German order to arrive I will continue to update this post so you can all see the progress I make.  All comments welcome.

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

I'll be watching this thread with anticipation.....I'm sure a lot of others will be too !
Looks extremely promising ! :-bd
Cheers - Phil.

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Shaping up very nicely indeed  8)

Hertsblue

Good start, Andy. Need some idea of size (a coin, matchbox, 10mm figure etc. alongside)  :)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Womble67

Hi there Hertsblue it never occurred to me to put a figure to represent the scale, I have now included a picture so you can see the scale.

thanks Andy
The Wargames Directory

barbarian

Someone is interested for this kind of structures made of Laser cut MDF ?  ;)
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!

Hertsblue

It's a big old piece of kit, then. Is that hardboard you're using?  :-\

www.rulesdepot.net

Womble67

Hi everyone
                as promised here is the update on the Stalingrad factory ruins.  To more factories have been completed one left do which I may get done over the weekend.  Then I'll move on to Stalingrad apartment blocks.  The material used is hardboard.

Second factory

Third factory

All comments welcome

Thanks Andy
The Wargames Directory

ronan

Gran76

Looking good 8). Have you decided about rubble yet i know some people use cat litter and i think your going to need a fair bit. Also will it be later on in the Stalingrad battle i.e snow? Looking forward to see how they turn out  :)

Hertsblue

It's going to be a pretty impressive suite of buildings once it's done. Good job so far.  8)

www.rulesdepot.net

Techno

Is it me ?
Or is that the neatest. cleanest, most pristine (ahem) 'work' table that we've ever seen ?  ;)
Coming along very nicely Andy....Keep it going !
Cheers - Phil.

TinyTerrain

Really nice start there Andy
http://www.wargames.blog.co.uk
All Periods, All scales

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Womble67

10 September 2012, 11:25:11 AM #14 Last Edit: 10 September 2012, 11:26:52 AM by Womble67
Hi everyone
              ok the fourth building has now been completed and here are the photos at some point in the future I will construct the Stalingrad tractor factory.

All the ruins together

Quote from: ronan on 07 September 2012, 11:44:39 AM
What scale for bananas ?
;)

Great job !

As for the scale of the bananas I'll leave that entirely up to you?

Quote from: Gran76 on 07 September 2012, 12:17:16 PM
Looking good 8). Have you decided about rubble yet i know some people use cat litter and i think your going to need a fair bit. Also will it be later on in the Stalingrad battle i.e snow? Looking forward to see how they turn out  :)

The rubble will be a mixture of cat litter and N gauge track ballast

Quote from: Techno on 08 September 2012, 11:41:20 AM
Is it me ?
Or is that the neatest. cleanest, most pristine (ahem) 'work' table that we've ever seen ?  ;)
Coming along very nicely Andy....Keep it going !
Cheers - Phil.

The reason the workspace is extremely tidy is because it's the wife's table, mine is not a tidy.

All comments welcome

thanks Andy
The Wargames Directory