Fernando Enterprises

Started by Chad, 05 September 2012, 10:08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

Has any member used this painting service and what is your opinion?

Do you send a painted sample as a 'master'?

Thanks

Chad

mollinary

Chad,

I have used them to paint thousands of Pendraken figures to their "Showcase standard".  I always send samples of each figure to show them what I want in way of colours, but they paint better than I do.  I am 100% satisfied with their work, and the contact they maintain, with photos, during the commission.  Highly recommended.

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Ferb

Do you get saddled with import taxes/VAT when they send them back to you?

Chad

Mollinary

Many thanks.

Ferb - I would be interested in this as well

Chad

mollinary

far4ngn

I used these guys around 10-12 years ago, the standard of painting I was looking for was Wargames standard and they were very good... especially if you wanted to get rid of some unpainted lead.

They did an old Essex 15mm Crusades Army that was well painted.  I also got a load of old 20mm sent off, but they obviously used a number of different people and some of the figures (15 out of 100) weren't painted as well as I'd of liked.

I just sent them scanned images from Osprey books etc and I used to pay them in US dollars straight into their bank account.

I'd say they have probably improved alot from back then, but I cannot fault them at all.

far4ngn

Actually just checked out their website...wow nice figures.

mollinary

On further consideration I would make the following comments:

I)  I have now had painted some 4,000+ 10mm figures for 1866-1870 and ECW  periods.  All were to their showcase standard;

II) as far as possible I provided a painted sample of every figure type I submitted. In some cases, particularly for ECW, I asked for a proportion of the figures provided to be painted in different colours. In all cases it was important to label bags separately with details, and to include an overall covering set of instructions with details. At all stages I would advise every emphasis for reasons of clarity. Not because Fernando are incompetent in any way, but the more precise you are, the less chance there is of misunderstanding;

III) Fernando are very good in forwarding photos to check you are happy. It is useful to ask for your samples of be included in the photos, so you can compare colour matches under the same light conditions. This prevents misunderstandings at a late stage.;

IV) Communicate with them. I have always found them most helpful and responsive to polite feedback.   I was very sceptical when I first put a toe in this pond, I am now a convinced advocate of their service at this standard of painting. The consistency of painting has been remarkable in the work they have done for me, over thousands of figures. I continue to do business with them on a large scale, and am putting together another order of some 2,000 Pendraken figures.  I base and flag all the figures myself, for consistency with my existing collections, but they can provide these services as well.  I have never had any problem with the quality of packaging, or damage in transit. If anything, the only problem is the time it takes to unpack individually packaged 10mm figures.

So, am I a satisfied customer. Yes, unreservedly. As the Americans would say ....... Period!

Mollinary

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Wow! They must be really good then!  :D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Chad

Mollinary

Many thanks for the information, it is much appreciated. =D>

Chad

Chad

Mollinary

A further question if I may regarding the sample figure.

If the figures are in different poses, but essentially the same, eg Prussian 1870, do you sample each pose?

Thanks

Chad

mollinary

Chad,

Personally, yes I did. I am not sure it is absolutely necessary, but for a limited amount of work it added to my confidence in the result.

Mollinary

Chad