Seven Years War SYW French

Started by nikharwood, 02 September 2012, 10:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbeardman

Quote from: FierceKitty on 22 September 2012, 01:42:50 AM
You're doing SYW and Napoleonic? There's a horse-and-musket fanatic for you!

Recently I was invited to a game of Maurice after I wanted to try out the rules for ages.  I watched the game and played a few turns and just loved the system.  The command of one formation, the playing of the cards, it just made the game so tactical and so I decided to get a 10mm army and as no-one has French I chose them. 

As for Napoleonic.  I play Black Powder with 28mm and Lasalle with 15mm, but my 15mm need some painting love and as we as a club plan to do Waterloo in 3 years we're all building up huge forces and so as my eyes only allow me to paint 28mm I thought I'd give Nik a crack at some of the 15mm regiments.

Regarding playing both SYW and Naps, I tend to play pretty much any and everything.  As long as the rules and opponent make it fun! 

Cheers
Colin
Some people tell me I'm mad, some people tell me that I have a beard and some people tell me that I'm a mad, so I create a blog.

www.madbeardman.com

nikharwood

Quote from: madbeardman on 22 September 2012, 08:22:48 PM
Regarding playing both SYW and Naps, I tend to play pretty much any and everything.  As long as the rules and opponent make it fun! 

Absolutely  8)

These are all complete now - sent Colin some hi-res pics taken in natural light earlier today for his approval; have since added 2 varieties of static grass, painted base edges and spray-matt-varnished them; will take some on-table pics later before boxing these up ready to return to their Commander-in-Chief for him to put to work against the British!

I've really enjoyed painting this army - and will be sad to see them go  :(

But I'll look forward to seeing them in action on the madbeardman blog in due course  8)

nikharwood

madbeardman

Hi Nik,

I'm hoping that the army will like to come home (ie here).  If they don't and they run away, let me know if they come back (like Cats).

I will give them a nice home (well when the builders have gone).

I'll let you know when I play a game with them, Thursday 4th October I think... I'll take some photo's and create a blog post for the game.  Let's hope they win, I don't win much myself but I'll try!

Cheers
Col
Some people tell me I'm mad, some people tell me that I have a beard and some people tell me that I'm a mad, so I create a blog.

www.madbeardman.com

nikharwood

Quote from: madbeardman on 22 September 2012, 11:25:23 PM
Hi Nik,

I'm hoping that the army will like to come home (ie here).  If they don't and they run away, let me know if they come back (like Cats).

I will give them a nice home (well when the builders have gone).

I'll let you know when I play a game with them, Thursday 4th October I think... I'll take some photo's and create a blog post for the game.  Let's hope they win, I don't win much myself but I'll try!

Cheers
Col

Don't worry Col - I quite often lose as well  ;)

At least they'll look fecking nice as they get annihilated!  :d

FierceKitty

I hope it was clear I spoke in admiration, not censure.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.