'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Collars and cuffs done on five Bavarian infantry units, two set of artillery batteries, two units of Jagers, and a general. That's eight different sets of colours then...  :'(

Researching some of them, such as Rose Red. How many shades are Crayola responsible for naming!  :o

Trouser, jacket and shoulder roll piping tomorrow.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

O Dinas Powys

A little Halloween project (almost) finished, pictures in this thread: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,8753.msg95978.html#msg95978

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Steve J on 29 October 2013, 07:20:09 PM
A result on many levels Meirion :). Just remember to get some killer sheep for your daughter ;).

Didn't go for killer sheep because I haven't got any figures (yet!), so I've gone for two bases of angry oxen instead  ;)

Techno

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 05 November 2013, 10:09:43 AM
Didn't go for killer sheep because I haven't got any figures (yet!), so I've gone for two bases of angry oxen instead  ;)

Yeah...OK....I'll try and remember to send the sheep up to Leon soon....Along with the crocodile...and chicken...and rabbit...and goose.
They've been sitting here for long enough ! :P :-[
Cheers - Phil.

FierceKitty

Crocodiles! Mexican Triple Alliance! Ming! More Cossacks! Tlaxcalans! Centurions! (OK, OK, compromise. Belay the last; unnecessary.)
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Techno on 05 November 2013, 10:26:52 AM
Yeah...OK....I'll try and remember to send the sheep up to Leon soon....Along with the crocodile...and chicken...and rabbit...and goose.
They've been sitting here for long enough ! :P :-[
Cheers - Phil.

Sorry Phil, wasn't having a dig - didn't realise there were sheep in production!  ;)

Killer sheep from Wales, the number of times I've caught players out with those  :-\

Pendragon, Celtic RuneQuest, D&D...  :d

Definitely need a goose: who else is going to lead my peasant crusade  :D

Cheers!

Meirion

Techno

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 05 November 2013, 01:05:21 PM
Sorry Phil, wasn't having a dig - didn't realise there were sheep in production!  ;)
Meirion

Don't worry Matey.....I didn't take it like that anyway. ;D ;D ;D
I've just got a number of odds and sods, that I simply keep forgetting to send up to Leon when I send him  'normal' stuff.
Cheers - Phil.

fsn

Quote from: Techno on 05 November 2013, 10:26:52 AM

Lunch order for the Dark Lord?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Fenton

Quote from: fsn on 05 November 2013, 04:39:23 PM

Sounds more like the sacrificial animals to be used before the first casting run  of each day
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Techno

Quote from: fsn on 05 November 2013, 04:39:23 PM

Don't think those would really go with his caviar and marmalade sarnies. ;)
Cheers - Phil

Steve J

Finished my first unit for Angel Barracks KR-16 rules :). Now planning some terrain for my 2mm Black Powder armies, along with the usual host of other ideas :D.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Shoulder roll, trousers stripes and back of jackets all piped red on five units of 1870 Bavarian line last night, left me slightly boz eyed! Glad that bits over, real mojo killer! ;)
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

After a long break from painting 10mm infantry, I've got back into it with a vengeance broadly using Nik Harwood's speed painting technique. I gave this a go on the recent 6mm sci-fi stuff I did and I was so impressed with it. So tonight I have done the uniforms and helmets on a battalion of WWII British infantry for BKCII. Fingers crossed these will be complete by the end of the week.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Finished the bulk of Bavarian painting, need to dry day to spray varnish them now.
Basing next

Hertsblue

Nearly finished the second Japanese company for Kohima. Then it's on to paint up the Naga huts bought for the purpose. Then comes the really knotty problem of dug-in Anglo-Indian infantry.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net