'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

Had planned an AVBCVW game for this morning but am on Daddy Day Care for most of the day. Fingers crossed I might get something organised tomorrow, but with visitors I doubt it. At least I'm planning two IHMN companys in both 10mm and 28mm.

Nosher

Quote from: Steve J on 19 October 2013, 02:33:42 PM
Had planned an AVBCVW game for this morning but am on Daddy Day Care for most of the day. Fingers crossed I might get something organised tomorrow, but with visitors I doubt it. At least I'm planning two IHMN companys in both 10mm and 28mm.

Nice one Steve.

I'd be really interested to hear how IHMN goes when you geta round to it ;) Mine are undercoated and ready to start painting but I have been so hooked on CoC I haven't done much else but 28mm WW2 for some time.

By the way, the game this afternoon is already done and dusted. A British Motor Platoon got an absolute hiding at the hands of some well drilled Panzergrenadiers. The hiding was so absolute that Lt C.R. Opper is in for a battlefield demotion.

Not only did he not manage to find the battlefield but he also managed to lose over half of his command without really getting much beyond his jump off points...

To top things off C.R. Opper couldn't achieve a breakthrough with a maximum of 13 support points. 10 for rolling eleven on 2d6 plus an additional 3 points for having a -2 command rating and the Panzergrenadiers handing a further point over due to their +1 command rating.

CoC is definately a thinking tacticians game. Rarely does rashness or piecemeal, disjointed tactics get rewarded. I guess you could say that about lots of rules, but I'm struggling to think where tactics rather than fortuitious dice rolling and sheer bloody good luck come to the fore as in CoC. 
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Steve J

Will keep you updated Nosher and I was planning on getting a CoC force together in 10mm but have been distracted by IHMN. Plus ca change!

Nosher

Quote from: Steve J on 19 October 2013, 06:17:11 PM
Will keep you updated Nosher and I was planning on getting a CoC force together in 10mm but have been distracted by IHMN. Plus ca change!

Speaking of distractions and fancying a change I finally managed to make a start on my IHMN collection over the weekend and am close to completing my first two gangs - Black Dragon Tong and Servants of Ra. :)

Now have four 12 hour shifts on the bounce :( so doubt these will be finished before the middle of next week (and probably later still for piccies  :( :( ) but should be good for a game in advance of the new year which is a bonus. 8)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Steve J

Just received my Perry Miniatures figures for my IHMN companies, namely a British Rifle Company and a Brick Lane Commune Company. Well they will be the basis but you get the idea.

Also just finished setting up my planned game from last weekend which all being well will get played tomorrow. Still not sure whether to go down the Operazione Mareleone or AVBCW route, so will decide tomorrow.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Three half tracks repainted and the misssing Sherman finished for this weekends 15mm Flames comp.
Oh, and Bavarians are coming on nicely too!  :P
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Hertsblue

The last week or so has been a "bits and bobs" affair. A couple of eighty-eights for Kursk, some Timecast buildings for ditto, five squadrons of the Franconian Bibra Dragoons for my WSS Imperial cavalry (Editions Brokaw, what would I do without you?) and now, gird the loins for the preparation for next year's convention game.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Hertsblue

Quote from: mad lemmey on 25 October 2013, 10:22:46 AM
What's next years game?

Kohima 1944 - "The Stalingrad of the East"
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Nosher

In between shifts I managed to put the finishing touches to my first two factions for IHMN

http://nosherswargames.blogspot.co.uk/

Frank Carson

Steve J

Just put together my first list for IHMN, braodly based upon the Brick Lane Commune. I need to do a bit more research to come up with some background fluff, but have a few ideas already. Later on I hope to finish painting my Junkers for Michael's KR-16 rules. Being 6mm they should be nice and quick and I have the colour schemes all sorted, so it's just getting time to get the paints out that is the issue.

O Dinas Powys

Following my demo game of Dux Bellorum at Colours - thanks Steve and Craig :D - I picked up a copy of the rules and like them a lot.

So, I decided to port over my humanocentric HotT Sword and Sorcery project since the basing's pretty much interchangeable and have based up my first warband  8)

Orcs! Well Pendraken goblins to be precise!!  :o

What the heck, they can lurk in the hills and pretend to be Welsh or Picts or something  ;)

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Steve J

A result on many levels Meirion :). Just remember to get some killer sheep for your daughter ;).

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Three hours on the Bavarians, flesh, blanket rolls/great coats, water bottles and inked, bread bags done.
Dreaded collar, cuffs, and piping to do next!  :P

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Steve J on 29 October 2013, 07:20:09 PM
A result on many levels Meirion :). Just remember to get some killer sheep for your daughter ;).

Umm, yeah, the sheep  :-[

Least mentioned about them the better IMO  X_X  ;)

Cheers! (I think  :P )

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )