'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

Made a start on a load of 2mm figures for use with DBA 2.2, mainly for the Italian Wars era. I may have a load left over that might allow a foray into something earlier...

Hertsblue

Finished up the KV1s, more T34s, some White scout cars and a load of Jeeps. Got a couple of armoured cars, a pair of Katyushas (delightful little models) and the company HQ to do, then there will be a short intermission until the next batch arrives. I'll use that to catch up on some scenery - walls, hedges, railway track and three very nice Timecast buildings.

Now, who does a decent Russian church?  :-\
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Timecast do a nice Rumanian one in 6mm
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mollinary

Have a look at the Leven Miniatures site.

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Hertsblue

Quote from: mad lemmey on 24 May 2013, 08:56:20 AM
Timecast do a nice Rumanian one in 6mm

Sadly, all my stuff is 10mm so it would look a little underscale.

Quote from: mollinary on 24 May 2013, 09:23:01 AM
Have a look at the Leven Miniatures site.

Mollinary

Yes, that thought had occurred to me. I wasn't sure if the 10mm stuff was out yet.

Thanks to you both for your suggestions.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

TinyTerrain

Half my Hundred Years War French Army for Star & Garter (my Medieval Dux Bellorum variant). Knights, Retainers, a Canon and plenty of colourful flags and banners to do  :D

Please excuse the pic, it was taken with my phone, rather than my "proper" camera.

Cheers,

Craig
Tiny Terrain Models
http://www.wargames.blog.co.uk
All Periods, All scales

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

I like these a lot 8). Count me in for a game when you have everything finished, or even earlier if needs be :D.

TinyTerrain

Trouble is Steve we cant play until they are painted  ~X(

I ve decided to paint them on lolly sticks and then move them to their bases as with upto 8 men on a 40 x 20 it was too cramped to paint in situ  :-\

Dont worry as soon as th French and English are finished we can have a a go at one of my medieval scenarios I am brewing up for" Star & Garter". Perhaps a little campaign, culminating in an all out attack on the walled city? or an assaut on the monastery on the big hill?

Cheers,

Craig
Tiny Terrain Models
http://www.wargames.blog.co.uk
All Periods, All scales

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Well the gorgeous weather of late has put the caibosh on most things related to painting etc for me. Simply far too nice to spend time indoors. However last night I did manage to make a start on basing my DBA 2mm armies, which was good. Easy to fit in late in the evening but still spend time outside 8).

Techno

Quote from: TinyTerrain on 26 May 2013, 11:58:00 AM
Half my Hundred Years War French Army for Star & Garter (my Medieval Dux Bellorum variant). Knights, Retainers, a Canon and plenty of colourful flags and banners to do  :D
Please excuse the pic, it was taken with my phone, rather than my "proper" camera.
Cheers,
Craig
Tiny Terrain Models

That's a damn good piccy from a phone Craig !!
And especially spiffy looking troops too ! :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

At lunchtimes I've started cleaning up my AWI/ImagiNations forces. The figures are stunning, especially when viewed under a magnifying lamp, I just hope I can do them justice with my paint job.

Nosher

Rnow had five weeks of my ambulance service training and even though i have had long boring evenings sat in my hitel room sadly its too dim to paint :(

Thankfully iwm duxford is a mile up the road so i have been able to drop by the museum on two evenings. Missed george clooney and matt damon who were at the museum filming monument men.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Steve J

Hi Nosher,
check out the American cemetery at Madingley. I've only ever see n the hill full of crosses from a distance, but they are all of American aircrew who died in WWII IIRC. Also have a stroll around the Cambridge 'backs' on an evening; very nice place to be with weather like this 8).
Steve J.

Nosher

Cheers Steve

was stationed this way in the late 90's with 38 Engineer Regiment at Waterbeach so know Cambridge quite well. Oddly enough hadn't thought about Maddingley Cemetary, might have to pay it a visit ;)

The course is descending on Cambridge tomorrow evening. After a full day of assessments I am thinking we might need it :) Looking forward to revisiting my old bar bumping grounds and sampling the local 'refreshments' :-bd
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson