'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

Another two stands of infantry painted last night after another wonderful day spent in the garden reading followed by a lovely walk in the Cotswolds 8). As today is shaping up to be stunning, I might get the last stand painted tonight, a unit of beserkers. Then just a case of basing over a couple of nights and then that's my first DB warband done :D.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Applied sand to some 1870 bases last night and did a bit of shield and hat work on some Later Imperial Romans. Hopefully get some more done tonight!  :)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

nikharwood

Quote from: mad lemmey on 06 May 2013, 08:21:43 AM
Applied sand to some 1870 bases last night...

That's a lot of bases  ;) :P :d

Steve J

Just finished my last base of my Land Raider DB warband, a unit of Beserkers, so a very happy bunny. Not having painted bright colours for a good 5 years or more, it was quite nice to do, but took  a bit of getting used to. All that remains is to varnish the figures and flock the bases, so over the next couple of nights they should be completed. Pics to follow.

nikharwood

Good stuff Steve - looking forward to seeing these  :)

FierceKitty

Al Halqa al Khassaare ready to serve their sultan; Adath militia now under the brush.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Steve J

Well I didn't manage to flock the bases over the weekend for a variety of reasons, but fingers crossed for tonight...

Just primed the next DB warband, Welsh/Saxon warriors from Clibs excellent Late Romans range. They really are stunning sculpts. Fingers crossed (again) I might get to paint the bases of these tonight.

Hertsblue

Back from the Gulf yesterday to find that the wargaming elves hadn't finished my Kursk armour. Rats! Have to do 'em myself then, I suppose.  :(
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Been a while since I've picked up a brush (9 days is a lifetime for me, Campaign organisation and Year 6 SATs) but I did some shields on some Late Imperial Romans and finished off a unit of Auxilia, plus inked the bases on some 1870 French last night.  :D
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Nosher

Well done chaps ;) good to see you all making solid prigress.

Had hoped to be painting to while away the evenings on my residential blue light training but am spending every spare hour honing my driving skills after 25 years of developing some bloody awful driving habits...

Halfway throygh the course and looking forward to getting home at the weekend for a decent nights kip.

Might be tired but i have definately made the right career move for all sorts of reasons
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Steve J

Glad to hear it Nosher :). Bases all flocked last night so just need to decide upon a flag and then take photos. Family stuff prevented me from doing anything tonight.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Hi Nosher,
Sounds eminently sensible!

More basing tonight for me!  :D

Duke Speedy of Leighton

More basing...
Plus a repaint on some twenty year old 15mm Peter Pig Vietnam kit, added a few figures here and there, converted an M60 gunner to replace a missing M113 acav gunner and gun shield, and added an M113 and three Sheridan tanks.

Been a while since I've really done anything with SATs.

TinyTerrain

First 3 units of Genoese Crossbwmen and mounted French Nobles finished for my Hundred Years War Army.  2 stands of Brigands and Breton Light Horse underway, and a further 6 stands of Knights and Retainers, and a cannon unit to do.

Will post pics when the whole army is finished.

Cheers,

Craig
Tiny Terrain Models
http://www.wargames.blog.co.uk
All Periods, All scales

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Excellent progress Craig. Nothing for me this week owing to various family related stuff. Fingers crossed I'll get something done over the Bank Holiday weekend, if I can get the decorating done in time that is!