'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Have fun, send us a postcard!  :D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Bunny

I am away working again and the painting feast has started!!

So far...

24 15mm Napoleonic Cavalry
48 15mm Napoleonic Infantry
18 15mm Ancient Spanish Cavalry
96 10mm ACW Confederate infantry

More up dates on my blog...

http://warrenswargamerantings.blogspot.com

nikharwood

Yet again work is conspiring against me...so, along with my two Dystopian Wars fleets, I've only really made some progress on my Bolivians - which I'm hoping to get finished this weekend  :)

Nosher

Quote from: nikharwood on 22 February 2013, 11:19:52 PM
I've only really made some progress on my Bolivians

Let me guess...

Cute Female Bolivians with guns?

or

Camp 'Rocketeer' Troopers?
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

nikharwood

:D

I like those Camp Rocketeers - we should get them on the requests list  ;)

Finished mine today - varnish & pics tomorrow  :)

Hertsblue

Aren't the ones in the bottom pictures morris-dancers?  :D
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Techno

Wearing full Health and Safety equipment.....and no sticks to hit each other with.
Has the World gone mad ??
Well spotted Ray. ;)  :D
Cheers - Phil.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Now my mother has disappeared back to the Marches, I hope to get a couple of stands of figures finished and entered into the painting competition.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Of late I've been play testing 'Lion Rampant', the new wargames rules from Daniel Mersey. The downside is that I haven't been able to paint anything for a week or so, due to other commitments as well.

Tonight I need to take some pics for the painting competition and post them, as tomorrow is deadline day and I will be working all day and night on a project :(.

FierceKitty

Working on medieval armies always has me wanting to parody Coleridge:
...'This man hath pennants done,
   and pennants more will do.'
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Steve J

Well I did actually manage to take some photos and post them for the painting competition tonight :). Given the very high standards this year I have a snow flake in Hells chance of winning, but it's good to showcase our work every year.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Mine are about to go up, but MAN that's a tough batch of magnificent kit this year!  :o 8)

fred.

Quote from: Steve J on 27 February 2013, 10:12:12 PM
Well I did actually manage to take some photos and post them for the painting competition tonight :). Given the very high standards this year I have a snow flake in Hells chance of winning, but it's good to showcase our work every year.

I think you are being rather hard on yourself Steve - I really like your stuff - and its great to see inter-war German stuff, really unusual.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Steve J

Thanks Fred :-[ :). Leon is there any chance of Fred becoming a judge at this late stage? ;)

Leon

Quote from: Steve J on 27 February 2013, 10:29:19 PM
Thanks Fred :-[ :). Leon is there any chance of Fred becoming a judge at this late stage? ;)

I'll pencil him in for next year.

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!