'A Tale of Four Gamers'

Started by Steve J, 28 August 2012, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

Nosher

Making some headway into my Bolt Action vehicles and have finished the PAK40 and crew which was an absolute pig to finish and a Hetzer.

http://nosherswargames.blogspot.co.uk/

On the paint table are two 251's, a 250/9, a Comet, a Churchill and three universal carriers.

Hoping to get these latter models done during the Christmas Break.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Steve J

Nice job on the Hetzer Nosher :). The PAK crew do look a bit odd, especially the one about to fall off the trail drunk! He just looks completely out of place, so why did they sculpt him like that :-\?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Cool work sir, love the camo!  8)
I got an ink wash done this afternoon!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Nosher

10x German Heer done this morning. Now all pianting and wargaming is put away until after Christmas, except my SAGA Vikings and Anglo-danes who are going to vie for bragging/drinking rights in 2013. So far its 2-2 in 6 point battles this year.

Tonight's game will decide who comes out on top!
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

nikharwood

My updated progress:

- completed the SYW French commission
- completed my 28mm Crossover minis
- completed my 28mm Empire of the Dead minis
- assembled, bases textured, undercoated my Warmaster armies
- completed my FPW Prussians
- assembled, bases textured, undercoated, bases painted my SA Pacific War armies
- started a SYW Prussian commission on-hold
- played a lot more games - both solo & with the Minehead crew
- assembled, base textured, undercoated single figures for 10mm FIW skirmish
- assembled, base textured, undercoated single figures for 10mm post-apocalyptic STALKER skirmish
- planned more for MADFest 2013
- planned the next 10mm projects
- planned the next 2mm project
- planned the next 28mm project
- assembled & painted some 6mm FUBAR / FWC forces
- scratch-built & painted some 6mm sci-fi terrain
- assembled & undercoated some 2mm forces for Maurice
- assembled & painted a 3mm BAOR battlegroup for CWC
- assembled, based & undercoated 10mm French & 10mm Austro-Hungarians (thanks Santa)
- assembled, based & painted 3 more 10mm ACW Union units (thanks Santa)
- prepped some 10mm ACW buildings (thanks Santa)
- bought a naval force for Dystopian Wars (I blame the Minehead crew for leading me astray)

With another week off, I'm hoping to knock off some more painting - FIW & SA Pacific armies ideally  8)

Steve J

Not much done over Xmas other than more prepping of my 2mm SYW forces, which will continue today fingers crossed. Oh and got a game in today with Keith, one of my regular gaming chums :).

Duke Speedy of Leighton

With the Guards Voltiguers completed, I'm now back to painting 15mm buildings for a friend, until the start of February, then I can get on with thinking about finishing my painting competition entries!
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

I've been completely distracted by Dux Bellorum for the past few weeks. At least I got a solo game of it in though and made some counters fir use until I place my order for some Dark Ages goodies :).

Hertsblue

Soviet T34s and T70s painted and ready. Eight stands of infantry for each side complete. Must break off now to work on the club convention game - about twelve feet of 20cm wide river to cut, painted and textured.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Steve J

After too long away from the painting table (well the kitchen table actually) I've just finished a couple of armoured cars for my 5th Peoples Flying Column :). Feels really good to be painting again.

All I need to do is decide on whether I want to put some decals on them, Soviet style, or not. After all Comrade Stalin is backing this battlegroup in our AVBCW campaign. As they will also be used for my early Barbarossa Soviets, I'm likely to go the decals route. A coat of lacquer and then they are done ready for inclusion in the painting comp :).

Hertsblue

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Hertsblue

www.rulesdepot.net